• Status
    Not open for further replies.

8baller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    just joined up..
    just starting to get into handguns..have had long guns most of my life..
    getting ready to purchace my first handgun and thought i'd join to research a little and get a better grasp on what i am wanting..plan on grabbing my Ltch..the way things are going i want the ability to protect mine in house or out and about..
    been wondering about waiting periods in indiana for purchasing... plan on going to the 1500 and would like to grab something while i am there..
    but i talk to this guy or that guy and some say there is just a call in check and others say there is a waiting time?
    who knows am about to find out

anyways anyone here live near cedar tucky indiana

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    anyways anyone here live near cedar tucky indiana

Consider showing up at some of the Open Carry Cigar Nights, we just had one in Cedar Lake in July. We may have another one there in September.

Every Wednesday there is a cigar lunch at the PINE ISLAND PLAZA Pit Stop Smoke Shop/Cigar Lounge on US30 in Schererville from about noon to about 3pm. Number of people who show up varies from week to week, usually 3 to 6 people.

Also show up at 5 Guys Burgers & Fries for the Open Carry meet & eat.

And drive over to Winamac for the "group shoot" in mid-September.

The northwest Indiana group is pretty active getting together for very informal meetings, just to discuss guns.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Consider showing up at some of the Open Carry Cigar Nights, we just had one in Cedar Lake in July. We may have another one there in September.

Every Wednesday there is a cigar lunch at the PINE ISLAND PLAZA Pit Stop Smoke Shop/Cigar Lounge on US30 in Schererville from about noon to about 3pm. Number of people who show up varies from week to week, usually 3 to 6 people.

Also show up at 5 Guys Burgers & Fries for the Open Carry meet & eat.

And drive over to Winamac for the "group shoot" in mid-September.

The northwest Indiana group is pretty active getting together for very informal meetings, just to discuss guns.

:+1:

Welcome!

I could not suggest that you follow melensdad's advice strongly enough. Get to know some of the people here and come out to a meet and shoot before purchasing your first handgun. It's a good way to try different types of hardware. Once you decide what you want to buy, get out once more with someone that already owns one to make sure. You might save yourself some regret (and money) and/or give yourself some peace of mind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom