Not open for further replies.

crazyj789

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Valparaiso
    Hello INGO,

My first post today did not go over well so I will start fresh. I have lived in Indiana for 30 years. Born and raised in Valparaiso which is rapidly becoming yuppieville. Served in our outstanding armed forces in 2003-2006 before losing an eye to and IED in Mosul, Iraq. Not gonna go into much detail of my job in the service but have a lot of firearms experience. I do not know everything and never act like I do. I hope to learn a bunch on the site.

Thanks

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO! You've had an interesting introduction to the forum. Sounds like you will be okay, but people are more having fun in that other thread than anything right now. You stubbed your toe on one of the rules, but no one will remember in a week. :yesway:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Welcome to INGO.

My first experiences on the site were similar to your first post. It took a while to figure it out, but I'm still here. Whatever your level of interest, it's here.

In the break room there's the NWI INGO General Thread, just a bunch of local NWI INGO members. We do meet n shoots, cigar nights, and some other stuff.

Stick around and you'll find this place is a lot more than classifieds. (and the real deals aren't found in the classifieds, they're often found once you've established yourself and made some friends.)

crazyj789

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Valparaiso
    Thanks for the support. I joined a fairly local gun club call the New Buffalo Rod and Gun Club but haven't had time to enjoy the benefits

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Welcome from Valpo. Sorry about the less than warm welcome in that other thread. The rules will make sense to you once you get to know the place a little better, but they may seem strange to a newcomer.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to a NWI INGO general discussion thread.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/312879-nwi-ingo-general-post-part-7-a.html
    Go ahead, and jump to the end. It's just us talking about whatever. Sometimes guns, sometimes other stuff.
    You might want to "subscribe" to it.

Here is a link to the NWI INGO group.
    Northwest Indiana - INGunOwners
    You might want to "join" it to receive updates on local events.

I highly advise glancing at the FAQs.
    And developing a thick skin. Mostly everyone is helpful. But there are 30k+ people here. Everyone has a different opinion.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Welcome to INGO! You've had an interesting introduction to the forum. Sounds like you will be okay, but people are more having fun in that other thread than anything right now. You stubbed your toe on one of the rules, but no one will remember in a week. :yesway:

Oh, I'll remember. I'll still be telling my grandkids tales of old crazyj and the blowup of 2014. :shady:

:welcome: :D

crazyj789

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Valparaiso
    Welcome to the forum.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/312879-nwi-ingo-general-post-part-7-a.html
    Go ahead, and jump to the end. It's just us talking about whatever. Sometimes guns, sometimes other stuff.

And developing a thick skin. Mostly everyone is helpful. But there are 30k+ people here. Everyone has a different opinion.

BTW...Thanks for the links. I joined and subscribed. Maybe I can meet up with some of my fellow NWI members for a shoot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Welcome to the forum.

BTW...Thanks for the links. I joined and subscribed. Maybe I can meet up with some of my fellow NWI members for a shoot.

Keep an eye in the events area. We have M&S (Meet & Shoots) in the warmer weather at Winimac, and at Blythe's (Valpo) in the colder months.
    They are usually posted in the NWI INGO general discussion thread also.

We usually vote on days. Some on Saturdays, some on Sundays, to try to make them available to more people.
    Here is a Blythe's one
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-blythes-christmas-meet-shoot-12-21-13-a.html

and here is a great sum up of the year by a weirdo we call Jedi. Jedi hibernates in the winter, but you'll start to see him later on.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo-events/323574-season-4-nwi-year-end-review.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom