• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thank you. So in your opinion these are better than the checkmate magazines that come with the gun?

Yes they are better in my opinion, a lot of 9mm 1911 owners use the Metalform with great success. I sold the mags that came with DW's from factory (probably Checkmate) and just got a bunch of Metalform, there is a down side to the Metalform as some have a welded floorplate so you have to decide is that is not a deal breaker for you. Dawson precision have a good selection of 9mm mags, Cobra mags are good and of course Wilson.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Dan%20Wesson%20Patek%20Aquanaut%20EDC%20A.jpg

That is a great looking DW!

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yes they are better in my opinion, a lot of 9mm 1911 owners use the Metalform with great success. I sold the mags that came with DW's from factory (probably Checkmate) and just got a bunch of Metalform, there is a down side to the Metalform as some have a welded floorplate so you have to decide is that is not a deal breaker for you. Dawson precision have a good selection of 9mm mags, Cobra mags are good and of course Wilson.

Thanks, but because I'm a newbie I have another question. Why would a welded floorplate be a negative? Does this make maintenance of the magazine more difficult?

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thanks, but because I'm a newbie I have another question. Why would a welded floorplate be a negative? Does this make maintenance of the magazine more difficult?

In order to do maintenance and or replace springs you would have to remove the base plate and in this case you can't, but not all of the magazines have welded floorplates so I would to buy the ones with removable floorplate.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    In order to do maintenance and or replace springs you would have to remove the base plate and in this case you can't, but not all of the magazines have welded floorplates so I would to buy the ones with removable floorplate.

Ok then I was right, I will certainly stay away from the ones with the welded floor plate.

Thanks again,

Dan

Top Bottom