Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have had one of these for 8+ years now.It is nearly indestructible!I can not say enough good things about them.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Estwing-E24A-Sportsmans-Hatchet-Handle/dp/B0002JT0BO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1287306529&sr=8-3]Amazon.com: Estwing E24A Sportsman's Hatchet Metal Handle: Home Improvement: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I have the longer axe and an old short axe with a stacked leather handle. Also love there hammers. All Estwing products I have used were great and made in the U.S.A :patriot:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I concur...Estwing makes GREAT products. I started using their hammers back in 1985, when I was doing construction and have never had a problem with them. In fact, I've broken Stanley's, polymer's, and wooden handled hammers, but never an Estwing. I've had my vehicle broken into and the only thing taken was my Estwing, 20 oz. framing hammer.

I've had the longer-handled axe since 1995...and it's excellent. It's been all over the country with me, camping. Keep it sharp and it's the best camp axe I've ever had.

I've been wanting the shorter one as well. Does anyone know who carries them or where I might find one?

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Used Estwing hammer for years, never broke one yet, including some serious industrial manufacturing abuse (on a 3 lb. drill hammer).
    Love a good Estwing hammer...

alliclaytor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Northside
    I have gone through about 5 other hammers/non-estwing products over the years when i have forgotten my estwing 28oz framing hammer...and it was given to me by someone who had it for 10+ years before me! They make great products, and will last forever.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Estwing is the only way to go if you need a hammer that will last a life time.

I have replaced mine twice in 15 years because they have been stolen.

I would have to guess there hawks are of the same quality.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Very nice, I've had my Estwing hammers for lots of years, cant remember how many. I hope I don't ever lose them any way. I like the look of the hatchet, looks like it would be very handy. $38 bucks is a great deal!

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Agree! Rooster, you got a great product.

I have had the longer Axe for 15 years and it is a tank! I got it after reading a Nat'l Geographic story about a guy crossing the Brooks Range from Canada to the Alaska coast. He brought the Estwing axe on his trip.

I recently inherited my dad's Stacked handle hatchet and hammer. He was a Union Carpenter/Dockbuilder in NY for 30 years and he only bought Carharrt and Estwing as a principle. I already had the 22 Oz Estwing straight claw framing hammer.

Buy once, Cry once.

Top Bottom