• DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    url] I

Grandpa needed a new buggy, so Santa came came early. Nephew Sammy had to take it out for a shakedown cruise.

Sierra74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Northside of Indy
    Tell me a bit about that if you don't mind. I've been thinking about buying another utv. I inherited my grandfather's Mule 2510 and loved it before I lost it in a fire. Thanks to insurance, I was able to replace it with a new Gator. I wasn't a fan of the Gator and sold it a few months ago. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but would like to have something to run the trash out, haul the sprayer, pull the grader....

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    This one is an 06 model one of the neighborhood hog farmers had for sale at the end of his driveway. It had low hours and a decent price so voila. It has lights and electric 4wd. Dump bed is manual, but electric/hydraulic is an option. Only 20 horses, but it is a honda. I don't know if Land Pride even still makes 'em. Looks like Husqvarna might have taken over the brand.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    This one is an 06 model one of the neighborhood hog farmers had for sale at the end of his driveway. It had low hours and a decent price so voila. It has lights and electric 4wd. Dump bed is manual, but electric/hydraulic is an option. Only 20 horses, but it is a honda. I don't know if Land Pride even still makes 'em. Looks like Husqvarna might have taken over the brand.

It'll outlive us!!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Sierra74 Polaris has what you want if you are willing to spend the dime, I'm on my 3rd one, supposed to be a Ranger 1000 coming out and I plan on being first in line!

2013-03-23_14-35-36_629.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Rangers are built like tanks... my dad has the diesel Ranger and it is a work-horse.... Not the best top-speed on the diesel but the torque and towing capacity is phenomenal for such a small machine.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I don't think you need to spend 10 grand on a Polaris or a Kubota to get something that will work fine for putting around the back forty. The little two wheel drive units the farm stores sell for 3-4k ought to be more than capable. I would recommend a good quality engine. I like the Hondas.
    I'm not dissing the higher priced stuff. The Polarises have some diehard fans for a reason. They are awesome, and faaast. The Kubotas are just plain tough. And they both have tons of options. I think it just depends on what you want and what you want to spend.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I don't think you need to spend 10 grand on a Polaris or a Kubota to get something that will work fine for putting around the back forty. The little two wheel drive units the farm stores sell for 3-4k ought to be more than capable. I would recommend a good quality engine. I like the Hondas.
    I'm not dissing the higher priced stuff. The Polarises have some diehard fans for a reason. They are awesome, and faaast. The Kubotas are just plain tough. And they both have tons of options. I think it just depends on what you want and what you want to spend.

Are you saying the 25k I have in mine is to much?

Sierra74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Northside of Indy

Same set up I had other than I had factory cab. Hated it. Blade is too heavy for Gator. Hard to turn, had to put to much weight in back to try and even it out, and hated the way that it sounds like it's going to blow up and needs to shift gears. All kinds of popping and cracking noises in the front drive shaft.....those are some of the reasons I sold it and now am looking for something better in quality. All of the cost is in the color, not quality.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I had the same Boss V-plow on my last Ranger and it destroyed it, traded Rangers and plows and the new one does perfect with the Boss strait plow.

All have had power steering so turning is never a problem.

Top Bottom