• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If this venture produces enough 223 to free up other companies to make "real" ammo, I'm all for it! :D

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Wow, 2 million rounds of .223 a month out of just one ammo plant.

I don't know much about ammo manufacturing but that doesn't seem like that much. Am I wrong? I guess I shouldn't expect a start up to crank out numbers like the big boys.

Anyhow, that is great news hope it boost their local economy.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    It is about time capitalism showed its face. With demand so high, I was stymied as to why no one was opening new plants, or at least why no one was announcing new openings or expansions.

Hopefully, we'll see more of this and at some point have a glut, driving prices down.
    All I know is that at some point, people are going to have to start shooting the stuff they've stockpiled, or their wives are going to get cranky about all the ammo cans or space they are taking up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is about time capitalism showed its face. With demand so high, I was stymied as to why no one was opening new plants, or at least why no one was announcing new openings or expansions.

Hopefully, we'll see more of this and at some point have a glut, driving prices down.
    All I know is that at some point, people are going to have to start shooting the stuff they've stockpiled, or their wives are going to get cranky about all the ammo cans or space they are taking up.

I've wondered the same thing. I think the manufacturers believe we are in a bubble and don't want to place a long term losing bet. I've also wondered why new gas refiners haven't sprung up too for similar reasons.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    This is great news. Since it is opening in July, it sounds like the plant was being built or refitted for at least the last year. They saw a need and jumped in.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I don't know much about ammo manufacturing but that doesn't seem like that much. Am I wrong? I guess I shouldn't expect a start up to crank out numbers like the big boys.

Anyhow, that is great news hope it boost their local economy.

It's not all that many rounds when you figure Lake City plant makes 125,000,000 rounds a month........ :ar15:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It's not all that many rounds when you figure Lake City plant makes 125,000,000 rounds a month........ :ar15:

At 2,000,000 the numbers don't seem to work.
    Figure they get .25 per round. That gives $500,000 per month income.
    Figure 20% for materials, so now $400,000 per month.
    The add says 150 jobs. 400k/150 leaves $2667 per month per employee and that is salary + the costs of all benefits.
    Add in all the stuff I'm leaving out, taxes, overhead, interest on loans, need for business profit, etc., something doesn't seem to make sense.

I wonder if they meant 20,000,000 rounds or if they only stated one of the product lines and they are actually making other ammo or ?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Cl....I agree, as well as it dont say they will start with 150 employees, they promise to bring that many over the next 3 years. That is for local tax abatement purposes I imagine.

You can load 2,000,000 rounds of 223 a month in your pole barn with a $75,000 investment and 4 employees......

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Has anyone seen a headstamp on these new 5.56 rounds? I wonder if they totally manufacture including cases and bullets or just assemble?

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    :): For all the David Lynch fans out there...
    7xYlAmF.jpg

Top Bottom