• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    "In a dramatic address to the United Nations General Assembly in New York, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Iran poses a threat to the peace of the world and that it is incumbent on the world body to prevent the Islamic Republic to obtain nuclear weapons.

In response to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's claims about the Holocaust, Netanyahu began his speech by lambasting those who did not walk out on the controversial leader during his speech on Wednesday.

Netanyahu speech / PM slams Gaza probe, challenges UN to confront Iran - Haaretz - Israel News

And asks the UN body, "Have you no shame"?:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewQIN7pCykY"]YouTube - Netanyahu Asks U.N. 'Have You No Shame' for Giving Ahmadinejad Forum[/ame]

Powerful video. I thought the UN was to PREVENT regimes from openly discussing genocide, NOT give them LEGITIMACY. What a world we live in folks. I'm fond of being critical of the U.N. and believe it has become as useful as the former League of Nations. It no longer does what it was designed to do and while it may do some good, it is corrupt and a sham. If this plea from Israel does not work then the organization is doomed to lunacy and irrelevance.

skier11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Bainbridge
    I was listening to Greg Garrison today and have to agree with him. It is a shame Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had to stand up for his own people first. Why didn't another leader such as our president make those comments first?

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I was listening to Greg Garrison today and have to agree with him. It is a shame Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had to stand up for his own people first. Why didn't another leader such as our president make those comments first?

Have you ever seen a muslim stand up for the Jews?

Obama said:
    I will stand with the Muslims should the
    political winds shift in an ugly direction.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm sorry, but the UN has no place to deal with these matters. They are unnecessary force and if Israel wants to bomb bomb bomb Iran, go for it. Their very existence is threaten and I hope they OBLITERATE Iran's nuke program. I do, however, feel sorry for any innocent Iranians that get caught in the crossfire. I seem to remember reading that most Iranians are against what their government is doing... :dunno:

Regardless, the UN needs abolished. If not, then we need to leave the UN. That'll make a pretty powerful statement in and of itself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I don't worry about Israel as long as they are kicking sand and yelling. When they tuck their heads down, go all quiet - I worry. That's when they are doing something that I want to watch.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    As I watched it live yesterday, I noticed that the room was empty. There were small clusters of delegates seated and listening. The Iranian delegation consisted of a young woman who waited until the middle of Benjamin Netanyahu's speech and then dramatically packed up her stuff and walked out. He was talking to the walls.
    I'm sure he took note. And back in Isreal, I'm sure the first wave of F-16s are fueled and ready to go.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom