• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    This is more just a rant that anything I guess. I was just down at the neighbors when his wife pulled up. She was a little shaken as she had just got rear-ended. First thing, this guy blows up on that fact that her new car (3-4 months old) got tore up. He didn't ask her how she was, if she was okay, or what ever. He just f-ing blew up because the car was tore up. I walked up and gave her a hug, (my wife was there too and this is acceptabel behavior between us and this group of friends), and asked if she was okay and reassured her that things would be okay and this was no fault of her own (she was rear-ended after all). She is okay and just shaken by the hold thing. Her husband is blowing up over the whole deal. I just can't stand people who put property over person in terms of value. AHHHHHHHHHHH it p'd my off the way he reacted to the whole situation. I ended up telling him to shut the he** up and that the car would be fixed, the point is his wife is okay and thats what matters. I went out and looked over the damage (with her husband who knows virtually nothing about vehicles, I don't even think he can change his own oil) and told him what was damaged and to make sure that such-and-such got replaced during repairs. Damage is minimal to moderate but it won't total the car by any means. Either way, I just have issues with people who put things over people.

I once had a person tell me that that age old quote is wrong. He says that as we're lying on our death bed..."The things that we'll remember most, won't be things at all". I dont' know if I've ever heard more truth that in this statement. I can honestly say that I question my future friendship with someone who puts his concern of his car over the concern of his wife. Sorry everyone, just had to get this off of my chest.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I agree completely with you on this one. The car can be fixed or replaced. A loved one being hurt is another story. Long time ago I got a call from my wife. Her shaking voice told me the hood was up to the windshield. The first thing that went through my mind was how was she. I told her the car didn't matter, how was she doing. When she said she was ok, I told her that was all that mattered.

I agree, I can't believe it when people go off on a loved one about damaged property when the important thing is how is the loved one doing!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Cars can be replaced, people's lives cannot. What amazes me is D1cks like that are married and super cool nice guys like me are single! +1 for being a good and supportive neighbor.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    My wife has been in wrecks with two of our cars, one of them beyond repair, neither of them her fault.

She was all right each time, thank God.
    The cars I can replace or fix or total or whiz on. To hell with them.
    I can't get a new wife this wonderful. She is irreplaceable.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I was working in Ohio and my wife calls me on the phone while the Fire Dept. is cutting her out of the truck!!! I said hello, she said babe, I just rolled the truck, I think its totaled. I said who cares about the truck, are you ok? she says she was fine but it really pisses her off that she totaled the truck. to this day she gets angry when we see another truck like that one. She is absolutely the Love of my life, I'd be lost w/out her. I kept telling her that I will replace "her" truck when I can....it was one day later LOL.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm glad she was alright and I hope he is able to talk this over with her, because women don't forget things like that. It will be three years, seven months, four days, three hours and 45 seconds down the road and she will say, "Remember three years, seven months... ago, when I could have died in that accident and you... ?" He better try to make it right sooner rather than later.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I was working in Ohio and my wife calls me on the phone while the Fire Dept. is cutting her out of the truck!!! I said hello, she said babe, I just rolled the truck, I think its totaled. I said who cares about the truck, are you ok? she says she was fine but it really pisses her off that she totaled the truck. to this day she gets angry when we see another truck like that one. She is absolutely the Love of my life, I'd be lost w/out her. I kept telling her that I will replace "her" truck when I can....it was one day later LOL.

I hear that. Both times, she was crying about how she messed up the car.
    Honey, it doesn't matter if that thing is in fifty pieces so long as you're in one piece.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    this was no fault of her own (she was rear-ended after all).

You don't know that, as my wife would say "women are the worst drivers" :): Seriously, even though by law she may not be the one at fault, people do stupid things such as standing on their brakes for no reason. I understand you're trying to be consoling, I get that.

Anyway, to each his own. That guy has to (presumably) pay at least a portion of the bill to get the car fixed, you don't. Also, it's never as good as it was before it was damaged. You also don't know what kind of day they were having, and do you know 100% what was said before you wandered up? Was there a cell phone conversation you weren't privy too?

Personally I can't stand nosy busy body neighbors jumping into the middle of every and any situation that transpires in the front yard/drive way.

Why are concerned over this in the least? It's no skin off your back or money out of your wallet? Why the rush to "git all up 'n yo neighbors bid-niz"? :dunno:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I saw something similar happen on cinemax at 4am the other night. The girl got in an accident and her overbearing husband got all upset. The neighbor was the one to console her... Then a lot of sex happened. This may work out in your favor.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Why are concerned over this in the least? It's no skin off your back or money out of your wallet? Why the rush to "git all up 'n yo neighbors bid-niz"? :dunno:

Because she is a human being despite being some jerk guy's wife and that simple fact supersedes her "being yo neighbor's" anything.

Techres

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I get sent to disturbances over crashes all the time. It ticks me off that people get so worked up over machines....that is all they are...machines (tools to go from point A to B). I've been in a few crashes, some my fault and some not. I NEVER cared about the car more that the other people involved. My worst crash was when I was chasing a drunk driver (lights/siren) in the middle of the night. I managed to find the only sober person out at 2 in the morning, and crash into them. It was my fault. No one was hurt thankfully (other than me) but I felt horrible about it...truly sick to my stomach. I felt horrible that someone not involved almost got hurt. People matter, cars do not...and the drunk got away.
    This was 5 1/2 yrs ago.
    MCSDCrash2.jpg

MCSDCrash1.jpg

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Personally I can't stand nosy busy body neighbors jumping into the middle of every and any situation that transpires in the front yard/drive way.

If you would of read the OP, it sounded like a pretty close, tight knit community that helps out whenever they can. Instead of being a hermit that never talks to any of his/her neighbors. Oh btw, what's up with the ebonics lesson anyway?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Good job there and very sincere. I wish all men were like that. I know a few guys like the ahole your referring to. I could try to make excuses for him but I would rather not, afterall, I am a female and I am on her side.:D
    I have good neighbors and they are hard to find. Glad she is ok.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Jeez, at least someone cared.:rolleyes:

What a douche nozzle.

I get sent to disturbances over crashes all the time. It ticks me off that people get so worked up over machines....that is all they are...machines (tools to go from point A to B). I've been in a few crashes, some my fault and some not. I NEVER cared about the car more that the other people involved. My worst crash was when I was chasing a drunk driver (lights/siren) in the middle of the night. I managed to find the only sober person out at 2 in the morning, and crash into them. It was my fault. No one was hurt thankfully (other than me) but I felt horrible about it...truly sick to my stomach. I felt horrible that someone not involved almost got hurt. People matter, cars do not...and the drunk got away.
    This was 5 1/2 yrs ago.

Wow, that looked nasty. Glad you are OK.

How bad were you hurt?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    My father has a fairly rare car and I used to....... if his wife wrecked his or mine did then all well as long as they were ok...... now if it was because they were being stupid then that is something different if you ask me.

My sister bumped into my beater one...... in the driveway...... that did not go over well.

I know one lady that has totaled like 4 car's and whos insurance is up in space...... she totaled one car when she hit her parents car....... in the driveway...... at one point they had a box painted on the concrete in the driveway near the street for her to park in when she comes over.......

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I'm glad she was alright and I hope he is able to talk this over with her, because women don't forget things like that. It will be three years, seven months, four days, three hours and 45 seconds down the road and she will say, "Remember three years, seven months... ago, when I could have died in that accident and you... ?" He better try to make it right sooner rather than later.

They never forget!! I have been married 26 years this November. I still hear about things I said,did or neglected to do in the 1980's.:D

Top Bottom