• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    SO im buying an older M1 with that ugly wooden furniture.... and i was wondering if anyone had a walk through or could point me in the directions of a how to......

I want to swap it for some nice synthetic furniture....

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    CMP has new black walnut wood for the M1. $110 for the wood and $140 for the wood and metal. I bought a set in August and couldn't be more happy with it. It has a boiled linseed finish and I spent a couple of weeks finishing it up with tung oil. It is gorgeous..... It also the correct shape and contours.

If you are bound to get a synthetic stock, Ram-line makes one and you can get from Brownells for about 80 bucks

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    I like the synthetic furniture and I want to paint it anyway..... I served in the army with syn furniture.. its just natural to me.... basically im building an M1a for cheaper... is what it really all coems down to

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    correct me if i'm wrong guys but does'nt a .308 M1 cost about the same as a entry level M1a? :) :ingo: seriously tho leave her wood if you can. M1's just need to be wood. save your pennies till you can get your self a proper M1a the you'll have two great military rifles.

Top Bottom