• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schneppee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    The reason I came on here is some guy in Bazil Indiana sold me an AR 15 and never sent the gun but kept the cash. Really!? Guy claimed to be a Vet. No Vet I knew or know would ever do anything like this. Has a girl firend goes by the name of Marianne Haynes. If you know him tell him to ship my gun or give me back the money. Honor and integrity is what a Vet is all about. We defend the constitution. We dont behave like this. His email is privattteowner@gmail.com.

I was told the ATF will consider this a civil matter. When I called ATF I ended up in Washington and the person on the other end was not so sure since the money was fedwire transfer (across state lines). We all pay for an education, but man! Stereo's, golf stuff etc..., I would not be suprised but gun owners and a Vet. Come on!

Thanks brothers.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Is his official name "Some Guy In Brazil Indiana"?

What address did you send the money to?

If this turns out like I think it is, your screwed. But I hope not.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    My cousin had the same thing happen with a "Champion bloodline Bull Dog". He's out $3000. I've never understood why someone would send cash to an individual they don't know.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To Schneppee,

I hope this works out for you.

First, how "EXACTLY" did this chap advertise the rifle for sale? Web? Forum? Newspaper? Etc.

Second, how "EXACTLY" did the money get from you to him?

Third, if you sent the money on what date was it sent and how did he promise to get the money to you?

There are a variety of laws that may(?) have been broken depending upon the answer to these questions and others.

Also, a contract must include an exchange of something of value. As you have not received something of value for your money you could sue him in civil court for your money back OR the delivery of the AR15.

The more details in a timeline you can provide the easier it will be for folks on here to help.

Welcome to INGO!:ingo:

Regards,

Doug

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It may be a local police matter within his jurisdiction. At least that is how it worked on eBay when someone did the same thing to me. Call the police where the money was shipped, give them the name and address, and they will go knocking...

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    My guess is that it was a wire transaction that included no real name, address, or anything else traceable. How did you get the "name" of his girlfriend? (Although I'm pretty sure that's not real either)

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    " I would not be suprised but gun owners and a Vet. Come on!" Let's see "gun owners"? A lot of thugs own guns. "And a Vet" how do you know he's a Vet? How many Vets are in Prison? A Fedwire is a transfer between Financial institutions, not something like a money order. I'm thinking we have another BS Alert!

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unless I buy from a known online gun broker, I'll never send money or credit card information.

On forums, only face to face transactions, no checks and take a counterfeit money marking pen with you and check the cash.

Save yourself the grief.

Sorry the OP Schneppee got burned...

TK

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You sent this guy money....with no product in hand...really...This is how the internet gets a bad rap....silly people sending un-know individuals (or groups of) money on good faith.
    You really did this...right.

Schneppee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Yeah I really did this! As I walked out of the bank I knew I had made a big mistake. Funny how brain dead we are some times and this was my time. But since it was sent Fedwire and a state to state transaction....... we will see. I finally made a report to the local LE office per the advice of ATF agent in Washington. Was holding off in hopes the person would come through and wanted to give it resonable amount of time for the money to be returned. The Money was sent 1-12-2013. As of today nothing.

What I do have going for me is a relative in Indiana is a Judge. Nephews cousin is a Indiana State Trooper. Have a good friend that is a DEA Higher up and I slept in a Holiday Inn last night. One of these should help. Then again after my brainiac smooth move they might not want to be associated with me.

For those of you who say "I cant believe you....." all I can say is if you havent you will, sometime, because I was one of those who use to say the same thing. Damn it!

The lastest email I got from the guy was stating it was his daughter, he was in a car accident and was in a coma. Reeally?! Its getting kinda comical now. The saga continues. I dont know what to believe when he emails.

Should learn alot from this bonehead move. May have to add this to my educational expenses.

By the way. This site is soooo much better than most of the sites I have been on including the MI Gun Owners. I read this one all the time. You guys got it rocking on this site. Quite a bit more participation from all you hoosiers. Hell, my dad was a hoosier.

Like Turn Key stated: face to face from now on. My down fall was I thought the guy was a vet and let my guard down. Then to think of it, the prisons are full of Vets. Damn it!!!!!

Dont know about Indiana but I am noticing all the AR prices here in SE Michigan are falling like rocks. Cant get the ammo, nobody buying the guns.

Schneppee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    By the way Chaplain, I came on here in hopes someone may know this person. I know I made a mistake. A big mistake. a stupid mistake. Hope it makes you feel superior to claim it is BS. This is from a chaplain? Wow thanks for your suggestions and help! Bless you too.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    By the way Chaplain, I came on here in hopes someone may know this person. I know I made a mistake. A big mistake. a stupid mistake. Hope it makes you feel superior to claim it is BS. This is from a chaplain? Wow thanks for your suggestions and help! Bless you too.

You have been on INGO long enough to see we have a penchant for telling others how bad they screwed up. I've seen pile ons way bigger than this one, though. Hang in there with us and I know the majority of us are pulling for yoiu to get this resolved to your satisfaction.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Schneppee, We have a lot of Anti's trooling here, so we're always wary of Newbies with strange stories. You said you sent him the money and he didn't send you the gun. This being a cross Border transaction he would have had to send the gun to an FFL in your state. The FFL would have to Fax his FFL License to the seller. What it sounded like was you were involved in a Federal Crime (Interstate firearms trafficking).
    You don't have his name, address or phone number but you sent hundreds of dollars to him. Stand back and think how unbelivable that sounds. Yes I "BS" It (Blue Smoke, like a Muzzle loader)
    cuz it sounded like you were blowing a lot of Smoke our way.
    If I offended you I'm sorry and hope you get your ca$h back. I also hope the scam artist Rots in a cold jail cell!
    Blessings to you and yours!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like the good Chaplin said...we are on constant vigil for the trolls. I sincerely hope you get the funds back but in this troubled world so many will take and not give.

Stick around....welcome to ingo.

Top Bottom