• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Davis derringers.Are they any good? Would you carry? I am getting the urge to get one,but have no experience ot knowledge of them. I do not want to get one if they are no good.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    In my opinion Davis is at the bottom of the barrel. Bond and American Derringer are the best by far. As far as carry for self defense......... not unless it was the only gun I had. Only 2 shots, like someone else stated, shoots to who knows where and the fact that they are heavy. Better guns out there like the Ruger LCP or Kel-Tecs. If you just want one for fun and shoot a little, go for it. Me, I wouldn't pay more than $25.00 for a davis.

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    I don't think I would trust a derringer for anything but a very, very close shot..... maybe even a contact shot. My father has a High Standard 22 Mag that is nice but way too heavy for what you get. Stick with an LCP or LCR... Something like that.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i got the 22 mag high standard.i wouldnt sell it .no davis though.i used to get them brand new 15.00 ea. from kentucky,and sell them for 25.00. 30 years ago.just saying i have had loads of them and have had them break.they are junk.not bashing them cause i fed the family w/ things like that.spend a little more and get a good one.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I have had one in .38 special for years now. I still carry it on occasion because I can just drop it into my pocket. I try to shoot it a few times a year. The trigger is horrible and unless you are within 6 ft or scaring off dogs, don't bother. I would recommend looking at other brands, but when I got mine, there really weren't many options, especially in .38.

skeetman28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    South Bend
    Davis is a low ball derringer....if it stays together after you shoot it...dont know where the bullets went either...got a package deal back in the day...I got one and my two brothers got one...shot together with them and then sold them together with them...

Top Bottom