• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    My wife and I are currently at Riley Children's Hospital where our daughter is getting treated for cancer. We have some other family here who are encouraging us to get out and have some fun away from the hospital. My wife and I would love to "blast off some stress" at a local range. We are from Lake County and aren't familiar with the area.

We don't have our own handguns with us, so we we're wondering if anyone recommended a good range with a wide selection of rentals. I am looking for a new carry 9mm. Or, If some has a nice collection and would be willing to meet us, I would be happy to pay for ammo and our range time.

I am considering Glock 26, M&P 9c, Shield, XDs, maybe SR9c, LC9s pro.

Any advice would be appreciated.

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield on north of Indy. Beech Grove Firearms on eastside. I have used both ranges although have not rented myself.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield on north of Indy. Beech Grove Firearms on eastside. I have used both ranges although have not rented myself.

Not as popular among INGO users, but there is Family Indoor Range (aka Pop's) on the east side too.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Beech Grove Firearms would be a great choice, but they had a major fire last fall. The range part still hasn't been rebuilt.

Indy Trading Post is a pretty good option on the south side.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Not as popular among INGO users, but there is Family Indoor Range (aka Pop's) on the east side too.

Doesn't it sound like the OP has enough problems already?

Beech Grove or Indy Trading Post are probably the most accessible if he's near Riley.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    I'll second Tim's Shooting Academy of Westfield. They have a list of available rental's on their website. Plus they've just added a couple suppressed options for rental as well.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm sorry for the reason you're visiting. A friend of mine is here for the same reason, their daughter Nadia is undergoing therapy. I also recommend Parabellum Gun Range in Avon.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've not yet been to Parabellum. But it's an EASY drive from Riley. Just head west on 10th St, South on Ronald Reagan Pky, West on US 36, and then South at the Comfort Inn. 8217 Kingston Street, Avon, IN 46123

Tim's in Westfield would be a haul from Downtown.

Google Maps tells me that it's ~12-13 mins to get to Indy Trading Post from Riley, where as ~23 to get to Parabellum.

compared to almost 30 mins to get to Tim's in Westfield.

Family Indoor range on the east side as a 4th and last resort.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I've not yet been to Parabellum. But it's an EASY drive from Riley. Just head west on 10th St, South on Ronald Reagan Pky, West on US 36, and then South at the Comfort Inn. 8217 Kingston Street, Avon, IN 46123

Tim's in Westfield would be a haul from Downtown.

Google Maps tells me that it's ~12-13 mins to get to Indy Trading Post from Riley, where as ~23 to get to Parabellum.

compared to almost 30 mins to get to Tim's in Westfield.

Family Indoor range on the east side as a 4th and last resort.
    With the mess that is US31 around 146th I bet it's more than 30 minutes to get to Tim's from Riley.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I meant to say 40 mins to Tim's... But I have no idea about construction. I'm out of my element if I'm north of Troy and off of the Interstate. :D

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Parabellum has most of the pistols you listed for rent and would be happy to take care of your needs.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    With the mess that is US31 around 146th I bet it's more than 30 minutes to get to Tim's from Riley.

Agreed! I met an INGO'er who came from Riely Hosp. to 116th and Rangeline and it took him 45 minutes. Tim's is another 12-15 minutes from my location.
    From Reily, Michigan Rd. to 146th East to 31 may be the best bet.

OP, hope things get better for your child.

Top Bottom