• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Folks:

Leaving your gun in your car while on school property IS A CRIME as far as Indiana law is concerned.

Quit advocating CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR. Please.

Yes, we all know it's a dumb law. And most of us think it should be changed.

But until then, don't break the farking law.

-J-

I think they are talking about parking off the school property. I could be wrong but that's how I read it. :dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    There is a shopping center that is less than a 1/4 mile walk to the east of the diamonds if you want to park there and walk.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    That area is a cess pool for cars being broken into.

++++1 on this one. The apartments on the southside of 10th Street are the getto.

BTW the fields on 21st street next the former Girls School are on Ben Davis property.... I believe. Didn't the Girls School "deed" that land to Ben Davis for something like 100 years? I think this happened during Evan Byah's administration. I know someone stopped us while riding atv's over there several years ago. She was someone in the softball leagues. She told us at the time "this is Ben Davis property." She did say we could ride there IF we stayed off ANY ball diamonds, which we did.

Maybe something worth checking into.

BTW, the parking lots in Chaplewood Shopping Center are not any better. There is a reason there is at least one, usually more LEO's in that parking lot 24/7.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Those diamonds north of the school between 21st and Crawfordsville ARE NOT MSD Wayne property.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT leave anything of value in a parked car in the Chapel Hill Shoppes area.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    About 20 years ago it was a really nice area. I remember i went to omalia's for the first time over there and noticed the prices were 1/3 more than anywhere else. I was only 14 or so and all i wanted were gummy worms, but i felt cheated. As far as break-ins go, that place is off the hook. The apartments south of BD suck and the ones to the west of the field suck as well.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    About 20 years ago it was a really nice area. I remember i went to omalia's for the first time over there and noticed the prices were 1/3 more than anywhere else. I was only 14 or so and all i wanted were gummy worms, but i felt cheated. As far as break-ins go, that place is off the hook. The apartments south of BD suck and the ones to the west of the field suck as well.

I lived in a house about 100 yards from Raceway on 10th, not far from some of those apartments. I never had any issues.. Lived there for 2 years; that was considered the "good side of the tracks" if you will.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I lived in a house about 100 yards from Raceway on 10th, not far from some of those apartments. I never had any issues.. Lived there for 2 years; that was considered the "good side of the tracks" if you will.

Raceway is farther west from where we've been talking about. I moved into Westwood in 1986 and we were basicly in the "country" almost back then. While it still fairly nice in Westwood, west of Girl School Rd. and south of 10th is the "hood" really until you reach Country Club Rd. Nothing but punks and thugs in there from what I've seen.:noway:

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    The first building to the right (east) of the softball fields is my firehouse. believe me when I say that they are school property. I work next to them every third day.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    agreed. 10th and raceway is like chapel glen and that area has always been nice. I used to live in spring valley bridgport/rockville. I had a friend that lived in the apartments next to omalia's and he would keep his door unlocked for people to rummage through his vehicle for change since he was sick of paying for a new window every 3 months.

Arieas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Indianapois
    I think you guys are giving my neighborhood a bad name, I have been living by Ben Davis High school for over 2 years and have had 0 issues. I'm not saying that it couldn't be better, but you guys are making it sound like its comparable to 38th and Keystone.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    38th and keystone totally sucks in all directions. So the Ben Davis area is no where near the hell hole that 38th and keystone is. The difference though, is there are still good neighborhoods over by Ben Davis, there are also some really ****ty section 8 apartment complexes frequented by section 8 people who want to break into you car since they have all this free time without work getting in the way. I've lived on that side of town for 17 years with my parents and went to Ben Davis and saw the change over time. It's happening everywhere so i'm not putting down your area. I live in a "nice" neighborhood but north and west of me are two different neighborhoods filled with ****heads.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Wow, i graduated from there. Has the area turned bad?

Two things. First, it is school property, as others have said or speculated.

Secondly, it has not turned bad. Like all areas, things change over time. There are some rough areas over there, but the Ben Davis Area and community has a vast majority of wonderful people, including many who frequent this forum.

Top Bottom