• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    My daughter has a softball tourney this weekend on the fields circled on the map. Obviously, I would like to carry to and from Indy. Are these fields on Ben Davis school property? I don't believe the school plays on those fields, only rec leagues, but from the picture they look like they could be on school property. Anybody know or have any idea how I could find out? Thanks.

2s9enuq.jpg

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am no expert, but I believe they are owned by the school... Someone
    who knows more than I should answer... but I would DEEP CONCEAL...
    either way...

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Leave your firearm in the car and you'll be fine. (IMO Park on Jennifer Drive) If you deep conceal chances are no one will bother you but do you really want to risk going the rest of your life with no LTCH? Definitely going to want your firearm with you when you're not on school grounds over there.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I personally believe that it's "school property".

And, as such, it's against the law to have your firearm on you or in your vehicle while you're on the property (unless you're just dropping someone off or picking them up).

-J-

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I am the juvenile detective for Wayne TWP schools. On my firewall, your pic will not come through. Are these the fields by the firehouse off of Tenth Street or north of the school on Girls School Road by the DOC facility? The former is a NO-NO, school property. The latter is not affiliated with or owned by the school, so you'd be GTG.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I am the juvenile detective for Wayne TWP schools. On my firewall, your pic will not come through. Are these the fields by the firehouse off of Tenth Street or north of the school on Girls School Road by the DOC facility? The former is a NO-NO, school property. The latter is not affiliated with or owned by the school, so you'd be GTG.

He's going to be on the 10th st. fields (which are a no go for carry) and that is why I recommended he park on the street just to the west of the school property with his firearm in his vehicle.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Not much in the way of parking right there, and no access to the fields off of Tenth Street. I HATE to say it, but might not have any other options...:xmad:. I do know however that none of the police staff will be there checking for weapons, FWIW.

Edit to agree with IndyMonkey and to add that I don't even like leaving my police car unattended in that area!

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Thanks, that's what I'll probably do. The umpires will be safer with it in my car anyway.:D

Who cares about the umpires safety any way they couldn't see the broad side of a barn with both eyes. LOL

Seriously though bad spot to leave your gun unattended. Not that I can think of a good place to leave mine besides on my person. Like mentioned before this is definitely school property.

What tournament is there this weekend? I don't think I can recall going to one there we always went to tournaments over on the league property. My girl will be playing right here in Brownsburg this weekend... on league property :)

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    A good option might be to go to Bradis and get one of the flat gun safes from the back room, $20-ish, and lock it down in a good, hidden spot. Leave the car right in front of the door at the Speedway or Mc'd's on the corner, and have another car give you a lift to the diamonds. Gambling, as always, but the deck would be stacked in your favor.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    An in car gun safe is by far not the best solution, but better than nothing.

In Car Gun Safe

I agree with others, dont deep conceal and risk losing your permit. Leave it in your car. Hopefully you can figure out a safe place.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Folks:

Leaving your gun in your car while on school property IS A CRIME as far as Indiana law is concerned.

Quit advocating CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR. Please.

Yes, we all know it's a dumb law. And most of us think it should be changed.

But until then, don't break the farking law.

-J-

Top Bottom