• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hardhit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    NE Allen County
    I just got my Rossi 92 and had to dissasemble it because of a thick layer of sticky goo inside the action. Now I have a big problem to reassemble the whole kaboodle. I tried various instructions from websites, but no luck. The bolt wont open after reassembly. Any ideas, help, hints, 92 gurus out there?
    Thanks in advance

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    How far did you disassemble it?
    I changed the lever on a Winchester to large loop, had to take apart the bolt. No need to use a "dummy round" like some forum posts suggest, went right back together just fine. Didn't take it apart past what was needed for that.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    BWWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAA! (that's how cowboys laugh.)

If you haven't already, Check out this site Rossi Dissembly. Marauder has the take-down and re-assembly down pretty good. I've had mine apart a few times. I use trick in assembling the bolt using an empty case. It's saved me from at least a few grey hairs.

Does the bolt open at all? Half-way? Does the lever drop? Even Partially?

Good luck!

ol' poke

hardhit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    NE Allen County
    Thanks a lot for the replies. I used the dummy round to keep the ejector in place. The loop moves about 1 inch downward and the bolt maybe 1/4 inch backwards. I have to check the bolt pin to make sure it is centered. Thanks again for your input.

hardhit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    NE Allen County
    Ha .... the bolt pin was the culprit. After drifting the pin all the way in, the lever was moving freely. Thanks again to all of you for your help.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm glad to hear it worked out for you. I was going to recommend a website called "Steve's Gun" and he's basically a 92 expert and gets them all setup for competitions. I bought a dvd he produces to show people how to strip apart and maintain their 92's. He's pretty much the 92 guru if you still have any questions or concerns.

Top Bottom