• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cfl4rat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Rosstucky
    Getting ready to pop my class 3 cherry, just picked up my HD host a CZ P-07 Duty. The can will stay on the CZ as it will be my main HD gun but I'd like to get a can that I can also use on my M&P 15-22, H&R 17 HMR and I know that putting it on my AR is pointless so i may build a 300 BLK upper to make it more suppressor friendly.

So now that you know what I'm looking to use it for which one fits the bill?

Huntertown arms Guardian 9 (like the price and they are Hoosiers)

Thompson machine Isis-2 (price is nice but not sure if I like the aluminum baffles, prefer stainless?..)

SWR Octane 9 HD

AAC Ti-Rant 9 or 9S (would like the 9S for the compactness but realize I'd loose dB reduction)

And last is the Liberty Mystic (seems to be a all in one great multi cal can??) can also handle slow fire .223

Aside from training With the CZ P-07 the can will probably see more time on the end of my .17 and .22

Thanks in advance!

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I have several AAC cans and have had a terrible time trying to talk to them about getting one fixed.
    I really like my older SWR trident, if the octane is better you will love it.
    If I was shopping for a new can I would give Huntertown a try.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I started paperwork on a Guardian 9 a few weeks ago. It's definitely a good price. I will be using mine on a few 9mms, a P22, and I'm working on a 300 BLK build, so pretty similar to what you are trying to do.

cfl4rat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Rosstucky
    Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards the Guardian especially when the can and stamp can be had for about the same price as the cost of just The can from the other guys. I see it comes with the booster, does it also come with a direct mount cap for use with other apps?

cfl4rat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Rosstucky
    If you're looking for a truely multi purpose suppressor, I don't think you can get more multi purpose than the liberty mystic.

Do you have any experience with one? I'm having a hard time finding any real word reviews/feedback, but yes I agree but I also know there is no such thing as Santa clause:):

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    The only real experiience I actually have with one was when I shot one at the HUSH shoot in august. I tried it out on a handgun, don't remember what kind, a 300blk, and dave let me put it on my full auto Mac 11. It did a really good job on all of them, and it'll probly my next purchase when I'm ready for another can.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Forgive my ignorance, I have zero experience with suppressors, you can use the same suppressor for a .22, .223, 9mm, 300 bo, or whatever else? I was looking at getting one for my m&p 22 and m&p 15 22 but if I could use it on other guns that would be great.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Forgive my ignorance, I have zero experience with suppressors, you can use the same suppressor for a .22, .223, 9mm, 300 bo, or whatever else? I was looking at getting one for my m&p 22 and m&p 15 22 but if I could use it on other guns that would be great.

If the suppressor is made for the more powerful and larger diameter, yes. For instance, you can use a 9mm suppressor to suppress a 22, but not the other way around (for obvious reasons). You cant typically suppress a 223 with a 9mm suppressor though, because there is a lot more pressure from the 223 round than there is from a 9mm.

Clear as mud? Thankfully most suppressor manufacturers clearly state on their website what you can shoot through any given model, and you can always ask your dealer. Check out the FAQ or the stickies, as I am sure there is a thread there that explains it much better than I have.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.

You can if you have a Liberty Mystic :rockwoot:

Top Bottom