• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I "won" an auction on GunBroker yesterday, found a Kel Tec Sub2000 I've been looking for. I called an FFL near me, made it clear I wanted to hurry, they said they could handle it. Asked that they email me when they faxed the FFL so I could call the seller and make a credit card payment over the phone. Sent a followup email in the afternoon, haven't heard from them.

I want to get this taken care of, potentially I'll be unable to deal with this the next couple of days. Should I contact another FFL? What if both send my info to the seller? I've never purchased this way. Also, if the FFL isn't responsive (they work out of their house as a side business), I'm worried about how they'll be when the gun arrives. Any advice from folks more experienced with this kind of transaction would be appreciated.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't think it would make a bit of difference if more than one FFL license were sent to seller.
    The only problem MAY be that the seller COULD get confused about which to send it to.

Dss21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    I have done a few transactions thru Gunbroker. I have two " Normal" dealers that usaully do my FFL transfers and have always went smooth. I would suggest you try and contact the dealer you purchased the firearm from and see if he has by chance received your FFL info. Good Luck

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have done a few transactions thru Gunbroker. I have two " Normal" dealers that usaully do my FFL transfers and have always went smooth. I would suggest you try and contact the dealer you purchased the firearm from and see if he has by chance received your FFL info. Good Luck
    +1
    You can still pay for it up front (unless its the seller's policy not to do that) before the FFL is sent. Then its just a matter of waiting for the FFL to get there, and picking it up when it gets to the dealer.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN

+2 I doesn't really matter how many FFLs you send them (they may already have a local guy on file), Your local guy doesn't run YOUR info before they send their license to the person your buying the gun from, they just send them a copy of their license and they run your background check after they (your local guy) recieves the gun. Just be sure the seller knows who you want it sent to and you should be good to go. :yesway:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    FYI

+2 I doesn't really matter how many FFLs you send them (they may already have a local guy on file), Your local guy doesn't run YOUR info before they send their license to the person your buying the gun from, they just send them a copy of their license and they run your background check after they (your local guy) recieves the gun. Just be sure the seller knows who you want it sent to and you should be good to go. :yesway:

The FFL is not supposed to run the NICS background check until the customer fills out the 4473 form. Some FFL's are faster then others, I get customers all the time who experience the same type of problem. I suggest calling the FFL back and ask if he sent in his signed copy, if not better find a different one with a sense of urgency.

Dick

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN

The FFL is not supposed to run the NICS background check until the customer fills out the 4473 form. Some FFL's are faster then others, I get customers all the time who experience the same type of problem. I suggest calling the FFL back and ask if he sent in his signed copy, if not better find a different one with a sense of urgency.

Dick

Yup :)

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I have been looking at the 9mm Keltec rifles also. Could you PM me and let me know what you bid to win the auction. I seem to keep getting outbid.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Dick

Dick solved my problem for me with some very prompt service, and I thank him very much!

Top Bottom