• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Just got my packet from the ATF. License was issued a week ago, and i thought everything was done, well not so much... is there an FFL out there that can walk me through what i have to do to become 100 percent compliant... enrolling in NICS, what i have to display and what i dont. how you organize your plethura of forms that you have to keep.
    thanks in advance,
    PM me for phone number.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Give a a call to your local ATF headquarters and ask to speak to an inspector. They are glad to help you but you need to talk to an inspector not an agent. I dont know where you local ATF is but mine in NW Indiana is based out of Merrillville. Im sure they are in INdy. Hope this helped.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i talked to them, and while they are more than willing to help, they know very little about how to organize my FFL stuff... they give suggestions, but i would like to talk to an FFL that already has a successful system in place so i can mimick theirs... no kidding my packet today was 4 inches thick and contains at least 12 differant forms... i dont know which ones i need to fill out, which ones i can throw away, and which ones i need to file.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You will do fine, just take your time and wade through the stuff. I felt the same way 35 years ago and it was a lot simpler then. All that paper looks intimidating.:)

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    2nd time you gave me that advice... now if you could kindly tell me how often, i need to pay, how i document it, and which forms i need to fill out.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    That's the downside to your own business. Sometimes (most of the time) you have to invest your own money before you make money. I have easily $100k invested in my business in hopes that we can make a profit!

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Same boat we are in plugging along getting it together and hoping we don't trip.
    Local ATF guys are a big help but as you said only on their area of Exp.

For me the killer is time I have only part of the day to dedicate to it at this time but wife helps as much as she can.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    as far as the sales tax goes...

if i remember correctly somewhere in the application process for getting your indiana retail sales tax license you specify how often you want to pay. seems like if you don't have a firm grasp on what size (money-wise) of business you'll be doing you opt for monthly sales tax payments. that's what we do, and it's not difficult. after you do it once or twice it just becomes part of the monthly routine. hope this helps?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom