• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'm planning a trade deal with a forum member. I'm consolidating calibers and decided .380 ain't for me.

I have .380 that I can't seem to shoot correctly. The gun wants to bash thumb knuckle from recoil on every shot. After 4 or 5 I get a little....gunshy. I think I am anticipating the recoil and making it jam.

The gun didnt like steelcased ammo. I have done better with brass and have gotten full mags out of it.
    I'd just like to have one you who have owned one for a awhile to test it pout one day at a Fort Wayne area range or at Roush.
    Any takers?

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I am in the fort, what gun is it?

I have had p3at, and never had problems. I have a small kahr also that is gtg.

You have a range in FW that allows guests?

Mine SWCC does not.

I need to run a bunch of ammo through my HP's before I cache them anyhow.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I am in the fort, what gun is it?

I have had p3at, and never had problems. I have a small kahr also that is gtg.

You have a range in FW that allows guests?

Mine SWCC does not.

I need to run a bunch of ammo through my HP's before I cache them anyhow.
    There's the Targetmaster indoor range at H & H off of Coliseum, but they charge $15 for range access (possibly hourly?).

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    llawra, sailor,

Targetmaster makes you pay $5 to join and $12/hr or $15 all day. They have .380 in stock. It kinda sucks for the price.

Roush Lake is a 20 mile drive but is $4/day and there's nothing to join. Outdoors. Kinda far.
    If anyone's interested let me know. I wouldn't mind trying a different .380 before totally giving up. I'll bring a 995 carbine for :D
    There's the Targetmaster indoor range at H & H off of Coliseum, but they charge $15 for range access (possibly hourly?).

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm not too experienced in 380, but I'll be at Roush on Saturday, prob get there in the morning. I'm teaching a few friends gun safety and basics on shooting. One of them may be interested in a small pocket pistol in the future. What gun is it?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'm not too experienced in 380, but I'll be at Roush on Saturday, prob get there in the morning. I'm teaching a few friends gun safety and basics on shooting. One of them may be interested in a small pocket pistol in the future. What gun is it?

I might be busy then but I'll see if I can work it out. I just want someone else to shoot it so i can feel confident in trading to another INGO member.

My natural grip on it causes the frame to recoil into my upper thumb knuckle. Just want to confirm it's me and not the gun before I do the deal.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    My natural grip on it causes the frame to recoil into my upper thumb knuckle. Just want to confirm it's me and not the gun before I do the deal.

I for one would like to see a pic of how you grip the gun. Using the proper grip, there should be no way a knuckle would get slide bite. If your thumbs are in any position other than side by side, and both pointed down range on the same side of the grip, I would say that is your main problem.

:twocents:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I live just north of Elkhart, If you want to drive up here I would be glad to help you out, I have a place we can shoot for free, I am a certified Pistol Instructor several times over, also own four different .380 auto guns. Let me know if I can help.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I for one would like to see a pic of how you grip the gun. Using the proper grip, there should be no way a knuckle would get slide bite. If your thumbs are in any position other than side by side, and both pointed down range on the same side of the grip, I would say that is your main problem.

:twocents:

Not a slide bite. The frame (backstrap?) corner below the slide digs into the knuckle.

HandK,

I get up near Elkhart for work now and then. I may see you on that or maybe a lesson....

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    i need a reason to go to the range that i am a member of in decatur. let me know if you want to check it out.

Top Bottom