• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Would like to start off by saying hi to everyone. I'm a new member here. So here is what I need advice on. I ordered a rifle from a FFL I never used before. It has been 120 days now and still no gun. When I do get a call back from him it is always a new excuse. I recently found out from the manufactuer that the FFL has had no orders filled in the last 90 days and no outstanding orders. I believe that he stole my money. Yes I paid for the rifle up front. OOPS! Any advice on actions I can take? Please help. Thank you

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    First, weclome to INGO.
    Second, you dont need gun advices but legal advices.
    Report him to the police if he stole your money and get a lawyer.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    Sorry for you luck, I hate that for you.

I learned the lesson the hard way as well and lost hundreds of $$. Got it back but it took almost 2 years!

My advise send the guy a demand letter in the mail, send it so he has to sign for it! It will cost you about $6 but will be very valuable if you go to court...

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If you did those through the mail, it may consitute mail fraud and then you need to contact the postal inspectors. In any case, I would call law enforcement. Fraud is a crime.

Terry

Kick75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Thank you all for your advice. Will keep you posted on what happens. Glad I found this forum. Happy shooting

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Greene County
    Call him and ask him where your gun or money is. If he gives you the run around, take your receipt (you have a receipt don't you?) to your local police department, and file theft charges.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Good way ( in my opinion only, your milage may vary!), try nicely one time to get a refund! Then when he gives you the run around, stand outside his door and let everyone on their way in know about your situation.... I think it wouldn't take very long till he realizes you mean business and hopefully, give you your money so you'll go away!
    Now, if you don't want to be that extreme, like others have said... Send a certified letter demanding your money, perhaps have a lawyer send him a letter also. Go to the local p.d. And make a report.
    Best of all... (especially if you are in a small community) write a letter to your local paper, and let it be known what kind of business he is running! It doesn't take long for word to get around!
    As mentioned before... Tell us who he is, so we can all avoid him!!!!!
    Of course... You've learned this lesson... Never pay for something until you have it in front of you!

Is this a gun shop or an individual?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    ... Never pay for something until you have it in front of you!

Sometimes that's hard to do.. When most anything is bought online/in the mail, you must first send payment.
    A buyer should check feedback/rep. etc. before any payment is sent, but that is no guarantee of the deal working out.
    I generally use Postal Money Orders to buy online items, to hopefully generate a "More Official" money trail to the seller.
    As said before, if the item is of major $, I usually send return receipt requested also.
    I have been lucky on my purchases--SO FAR..Bill..

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I recently found out from the manufactuer that the FFL has had no orders filled in the last 90 days and no outstanding orders

Are you sure that he was getting it from the manufacturer and not a distributor? I'm not making excuses for him just making sure you were checking up on him with the right place... 120 days is not out of the question for some things... How long did he tell you that it would be when you ordered it?

dfinn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Sorry for you luck, I hate that for you.

I learned the lesson the hard way as well and lost hundreds of $$. Got it back but it took almost 2 years!

My advise send the guy a demand letter in the mail, send it so he has to sign for it! It will cost you about $6 but will be very valuable if you go to court...
    what he said

Top Bottom