• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I am looking for any and all input on a night vision monocle for a gift. It will be used for critter watching by my parents off their porch and that is pretty much all. Now I know =/<$250 is only going to get so much(Gen 1) when it comes to night vision but I would like to get as much as possible out of it so if anyone has recommendations/advice, or things/brands to avoid when making my choice I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

So far the most promising looking ones I have found are made by Yukon, and one made by Night Detectives think they are both 4x50 but again, I know nothing about NV gear.

Thanks!

edit*
    Here is a link to the Yukon model I am considering
    Yukon NVMT 4x50 Multitask Night Vision Monocular 24027

And here is the ND model
    Night Detective 5x Magnification NightVision System with IR PRO from Quest 5M Series FREE S&H ND-Q5M. Night Detective Night Vision.

Please and Thank you in advance for any tips and/or advice you can offer, I wanna make sure I'm gettng somthing decent and not wasting a couple hundred bucks and figured INGO was the place to ask!:ingo:

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    i have some experience with night vision and i'll be honest, you're not going to be able to tell what's going on with a gen I anything. The difference between gen I and gen II is staggering. Gen II to Gen III is better but not by much. You should try some out first just to see what its like. I've use 2 different gen I night vision monocles and 1 gen 1 night vision scope. All three were difficult at best to make out anything. I'd recommend saving your money until you can afford gen II.

natural

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    Near Richmond, IN
    I have the Yukon NVMT 4x50 Multitask Night Vision Monocular 24027 I bought it with the intention of using it for coyote hunting which I did some. I found it adequate for the price I paid and I believe for the application you are looking for it would be well suited as well.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    +10¹º ON SUGGESTIONS SO FAR. Need help w/ an NZT-22 1st-gen. binocular. Repair on a slowly fading screen. Now I'm shopping. Will buy something from an INGO seller if these cannot be repaired. Thanks for the suggestions, and whatver help you may render. EBG

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice. Think I am gonna go with the Yukon Gen 1 for my parents since this is going to be nothing more then a toy(and not even my toy at that) we will go with the gen 1 and if they actually use it and like it instead of letting it sit in a drawer and gather dust we can talk about upgrading to a cooler toy down the road.

Top Bottom