• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CW16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2014
    Indiana
    So I'm looking for a new light for work. Something LED, adjustable settings (low,med,high), and possibly rechargeable or rechargeable batteries. I can't spend too much with a wedding and all to pay for, so that's why I'm thinking rechargeable batteries.

thanks for suggestions!

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    I'm a big fan of the Fenix PD35. I bought one with holster, battery charger, and 2 rechargeable batteries for ~$80. It has 5 settings. I believe it goes up to 850 or so lumens. It goes from dim all the way up to stupid bright, just the way I like it. The 5 settings really lets you use just the right amount of light for what you need.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Love my surefire eb2's

o7rh39.jpg

dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    im a big streamlight fan. i have a rechargeable Strion for work. 3 brightness settings. my only gripe is that it starts on the brightest and goes down. i cant recall at the moment if they have a rechargeable that uses their "ten tap" programming. ive got my Polytach set up with two brightness settings, it starts low and goes to high. they have such an array of products that it should be easy to find one that fits the criteria. and definately easy to find good deals online.

glock27

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I love my Streamlight Strion HL rechargeable flashlight. I've got the the Strion LED one too. Can get those for around $60-70 online since they have newer models out. 5.11 tactical has some nice lights out there too.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    My AAA streamlight absolutely sucked in the cold temps this past winter. The clicky would work about half the time.

Buy a used surefire 6P and put a warm tint malkoff drop in head, and get some AW rcr123 and a charger. Best tint you can get for 70$-ish. Single mode though... You never said what you do for a living.

My streamlight failed below 0orking nights in an industrial / petrochemical setting.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I'm a big fan of the Fenix PD35. I bought one with holster, battery charger, and 2 rechargeable batteries for ~$80. It has 5 settings. I believe it goes up to 850 or so lumens. It goes from dim all the way up to stupid bright, just the way I like it. The 5 settings really lets you use just the right amount of light for what you need.

I agree with this! I love my PD35

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    another for the PD35. I use it for work 5 days a week, and when I'm home it makes it's way to the night stand. I've dropped it from 5 feet on to concrete without any issue. I have a rechargeable 18650 battery and charger. Bought it from amazon for around 100 bucks for 1 rechargeable light, the charger, and flashlight.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My AAA streamlight absolutely sucked in the cold temps this past winter. The clicky would work about half the time.

Buy a used surefire 6P and put a warm tint malkoff drop in head, and get some AW rcr123 and a charger. Best tint you can get for 70$-ish. Single mode though... You never said what you do for a living.

My streamlight failed below 0orking nights in an industrial / petrochemical setting.

:thumbsup:
    I've had way too many problems with anything other than Surefire to endorse another. Look around, find a used one or step into the Fury model and don't look back. Yes, Surefire's are pricey, but they're worth every penny when you need it and it doesn't fail.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    :thumbsup:
    I've had way too many problems with anything other than Surefire to endorse another. Look around, find a used one or step into the Fury model and don't look back. Yes, Surefire's are pricey, but they're worth every penny when you need it and it doesn't fail.

Yup...i still have my older surefire as a back up...its been blown up, dropped, thrown, i mounted it on a rifle for awhile. You name it its been there done that. Still the original led bulb and housing.

Top Bottom