• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James20

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Woodburn
    If you want a .45 but don't want a glock or a kahr which ironically one is my winter carry and the kahr is my summer carry. I'd recommend a 3 or a 4 inch 1911

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    So many different models/makes, keep or add a similar compact version. We carried issued G22s, always had a G27 BUG, and a J frame 38 spec. You need to dress around the gun, Tshirt, cargos, and my favorite.... Blue Denim 2 pocket workshirt, unbuttoned(they soften up over time), removed easily when home. Hawaiian's are cool, solid dark color polos work. (can be hot in the sun though). Spare mags in the cargos, or belt pouch.
    Sometimes I carry my 1980's Service Revolver(M-10-5, 4in w/ square grips), in a Safariland Pancake holster. I can carry a speedloader in a leather carrier that straddles the belt. I also carry a dump pouch on occasion. All covered- long tail shirt outside cargo shorts. Don't like any printing. No questions then. I don't like the Photo Journalist Vests, shout "shoot me" to armed perps.
    Good luck.

Last edited:

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    FWIW if anyone was curious or cared, I went back to Highsmith and did end up buying the XDM 3.8" in .45. The XDM just shoots too well, and has too many pro's to not be viable. I'll probably still buy the XDS down the road... but I'm happy for now.

:yesway:
    I'm assuming you picked up the Compact version right?

Pmpkn8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Pendleton Area
    :yesway:
    I'm assuming you picked up the Compact version right?

Absolutely. Comes with a 9 and 13 round mag. So between my two xdm's I'll have 5, 13 round mags. So, I'll have plenty to rotate through, and play with at the range. I'll just need to get a few sleeves. I should be picking up the new one any day now. I expected a call today, but surprisingly didn't get it.

Top Bottom