• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Ok so I am looking around for a holster for my RIA1911A1 Commander. Must be a paddle holster, preferably with some sort of retention system. My two preferred options thus far are the Fobus and the Blackhawk Serpa 2

Anyone have holsters for sale? I finally have my permit so I can start carrying

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    because it is comfortable for me. I am very slender and tall. I will get a different rig for my pack and probably a drop leg down the road for training but I like the fit and feel of the paddle. I mean if someone has a suggestion for belt held holsters with as much comfort and simplicity to mount then by all means suggest away. I'm not exactly well off so price comes into play as ell

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    That looks very interesting. Will it fit a commander model? I didn't see it on the listing.

Also, maybe I have backtracking here but if some would suggest a belt holster which would you choose?

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I used a Fobus at first and I went with the Serpa for my G19, I like the positive retension better than just friction. If somebody grabs my weapon they will have a little more difficult time getting it out, and I have more time to react and repond.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For IWB, a kydex/leather hybrid such as the Crossbreed Super Tuck or the Galco King Tuk would be my recommendations. I have a Galco King Tuk, and love it. Carry it with shorts, jeans, whatever.

Do you have a good belt?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That looks very interesting. Will it fit a commander model? I didn't see it on the listing.

Also, maybe I have backtracking here but if some would suggest a belt holster which would you choose?

Yes, the commander is only 3/4 inch shorter than the Gov't model. They may have a commander-specific version. I'd look on the Safariland web site for the item number.

The standard for belts has been the Wilderness. I'm having some issues with them right now, but I've been using their products for years with no complaints until now:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ness-instructors-belts-have-they-changed.html

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    IWB holsters can be VERY comfortable. Especially with the right belt, AND the right holster.

MY favorite IWB holster is the Comp-TAC MTAC.

Agreed. Get the right one, and you will forget it is there. I struggled for a long time with bad holsters. Buy a good one, and a good belt, and you will be very happy. Most of the hybrid Kydex/Leather holsters will fit the bill. Galco King Tuk for me, but I also borrowed a Crossbreed one time for a week during a trip and it was very comfortable as well. I have driven to FL straight through, wearing my IWB with a Glock 27 and had no discomfort from it.

what would one suggest for a good belt?

Daltech Force Super Bio Belt SuperBIO BELT - The Indestructible Belt! - Daltech Force

Here is a review that Esrice wrote up on it: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    It was. Thank you very much You were greatly helpful. I am leaning towards the Comp-Tac paddle. The extra grip length is definitely difficult to accommodate. the +15 degree cant is also something I love!

Before even saving for a new holster, I am going to get myself a stronger belt. This one, just twists too much.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom