• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Hmm.... the man that was instructing the woman is the one responsible for the ND. Maybe he shouldn't be instructing?

"A man accidentally fired the gun while he was instructing the woman on how to shoot the weapon."

Yeah, I'll go with it being the instructors fault, too.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    wonder what a shotgun pointed at the floor might do?:popcorn::):
    A whole lot less than you think it will. Have you ever done it? If not then stop trying to pretend like you know what it will do.

Because I know your response was meant to spark a response from me regarding the other thread I'm not going to get into it. I'm just going to say I've been shooting competitive shotgun since I was 14 years old and I've done literally everything that can be done with a shotgun. Bird-shot will almost do nothing after it hits a floor. If you don't believe me try it for yourself.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I've met some crap instructors before, ones that taught unsafe methods, ones that violated the NRA's own rules (messing with guns while people are down range, breaking 180 degrees on the firing line, etc...). I sent an email protesting one's "NRA certified instructor" certification, pretty much stating that the rule he violated could have hurt one of our ROs. Got a response that pretty much said unless I was a paying member of the NRA to suck a railroad spike.

I don't look at an instructor's "certifications", I watch how he teaches or shoots at the range. If they follow their own rules, they are good to go. Ones that start classes by spewing off certifications I generally steer folks away from. :twocents: from someone who works at a range. When the panic hit, TONS of folks signed up for classes and a ton of jagovs raced through the NRA certification process, so they could get their piece of the money that people were putting out there for "training". I have never seen more "instructors" with more crap "qualifications" than ever. Apparently things like ham radio operator for 15 years or licensed pilot or I was in the airforce for 1 year, then got out on disability are qualifications to mask that their check to the NRA just cleared, they are getting the certificate to instruct in the mail tomarrow... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom