NC state commissioner prohibits guns at the State Fair, so...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Now just wait a cotton pickin' minit here. They banned citizens from carrying their guns at the fair, and three people were held up at GUNPOINT?

How could this happen?

Apply purple as necessary...

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Kinda like the ISU students that were robbed at gun point a few days ago. Don't know how this could happen. There are signs all over campus telling people that guns are forbidden!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As the commissioner, he has the power to ban guns on that property.

Troxler says he will enforce gun ban at NC State Fair, despite threat of legal action | CharlotteObserver.com

But Rep. George Cleveland, a Jacksonville Republican and a primary sponsor of the bill, said the new law should allow concealed weapons at the State Fair.
    “There was nothing in the bill that I could remember that said that the agricultural fair was exempt, or that the parking area ... was exempted,” he said. “We’ve said that wherever crowds gathered, concealed carry was allowed.”

There was a disagreement.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I thought I wrote "he thinks" in that statement. But, yes, it's according to his interpretation and the fact that he believes he has last say as to what goes on on that property. Maybe one of the people who was robbed will sue him for his actions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought I wrote "he thinks" in that statement. But, yes, it's according to his interpretation and the fact that he believes he has last say as to what goes on on that property. Maybe one of the people who was robbed will sue him for his actions.

Unfortunately, they will just say, no one forced them to go. They voluntarily went, therefore they voluntarily disarmed themselves.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    After reading this it sounds like Mr. Troxler is letting his ego get in the way doing his job.

Top Bottom