NBC sports cancelled gun related programming?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I don't know if posted before but just recieved an e-mail saying NBC SPORTS (used to be versus) cancelled gun related programming. No reason was given.
    3 Gun Nation is looking for a new home and Top Shots has been picked up by Sportsman Channel.
    I hope there is a good reason for this and not a reaction to the school shooting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I tried to watch 3 Gun Nation yesterday. It was on the guide, but the show actually broadcast was about fishing.

We know what the reason is.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    OF COURSE

Looks like 3 Gun Nation is now on the Sportsman channel(SPCHN). This is ch 416 on Comcast in the South Bend area.

Of course it would be on a channel that I dont get and would have to buy another package to literally watch this 1 channel of the extra package..love comcast.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sportsman's Channel, Outdoor Channel, and Pursuit Channel are all showing episodes of 3-Gun Nation now!

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Of course it would be on a channel that I dont get and would have to buy another package to literally watch this 1 channel of the extra package..love comcast.
    You will also get the Outdoor Channel(OUTD) on 406. When I tried to reduce programming, they offered the higher package at a lower price per month than I was paying(for a limited time).

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    rumors

The rumor is that POTUS/Dems are pushing news agencies to cancel shows, asking major retailers to stop selling guns period (Walmart, Dicks, etc...), and also using leverage against banks in the form of lowered fines and penalties from the bailout dealings to put holds on/cancel/and restrict accounts related to companies that MFG, distribute, and sell firearms.

Perhaps it's just fear-mongering, perhaps not.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I can understand why. There was a study from, uh...somewhere... that showed responsible gun owners that watched "Sons of Guns" because irritable and violent.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    what did you expect from NBC. That they actually show anything that would show guns in a good light. Maybe they should create a show that reenacts guns being used to save lives. Anyone want to hold their breath with me while we wait for that one to happen.

Ungie, This is the eighth thread that you've necroposted within an hour! All of them are over one year old.

What's the deal?

Top Bottom