• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I will be with a couple friends set up on the JAG side if anyone is coming.

We have 6 tables and a buddy from Louisville will be selling his entire US collection which is all Niiiiiiice stuff.

Stop by and say howdy.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    How does it work on purchasing guns from dealers there, since its in a different state?

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    you will find everything at that show, antique, modern, surplus, bow, spear, flint knife. Blowgun, rock. :D as far as Indiana residents buying at that show you can buy long guns there from an Kentucky 01 FFL, but pistols would have to be sent to and transferred by a Indiana 01 FFL. Apparently Indiana residents are not allowed to buy or sell long guns to/from individuals at the show. Not that it doesn't happen, but I wouldn't know anything about that!

Last edited:

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    not legal for Indiana FFl's to transfer in KY.

But don't get me wrong, this is a good gunshow and if you are nearby or otherwise predisposed, you should go! I have seen a much greater variety of guns there than any gunshow in Indiana. The foot traffic is huge, with everything coming in wiith something from every category.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    One downside IMHO is that they charge $6.00 for parking. Many times they have other events scheduled the same weekend and it is hard to find parking convenient to the show. Isn't it still $12.00 for admission? With so few deals out there anymore at big gun shows, it probably isn't worth it to me and I live close by.

Some might wink at illegal gun transactions, but if they happen with frequency at gun shows then they will be one big valid reason for the antis to shut the shows down. If that happens, the winkers will probably turn into the biggest whiners, and they won't get a lot of sympathy from me.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    not legal for Indiana FFl's to transfer in KY.

This is correct. To legally purchase a handgun in KY you would have to have it amiled to a FFL in Indiana. Even Indiana FFL holders at the show cannot trasnfer neither pistol or rifles to themselves at the show because it has to be done at the "place of business" for the FFL. So even Indaina dealers cannot buy and take possession at the show.

It is a big cool show though, worth the trip if you have never been there.

Top Bottom