• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I raised the question of would the military obey orders to fire I armed civilians without provocation to an Officer former customer of mine. He believes that that order would be illegal and therefore the duty of the military to ignore it. He also stated how they were citizens before they joined and that their families are citizens. But then you have the unconstitutional behavior after Katrina. So my thinking is most will leave us alone. If you want to worry, worry about the people in control of the facts and manipulating intel to the troops at the time.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    the question i've been pondering for the last few months however, is, if SHTF, will guardsmen take arms against their friends and family?

I don't think so, at least I seriously hope not. I don't have any way to defend myself against soldiers carrying M16s.

My boyfriend is in the Army Reserves and I doubt anyone of them would follow orders to take out civilians. Although, if there is looting and rioting going on, you definitely won't see me leave the house.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Are rogue troops blindly following orders any more implausible than rogue cops who beat, maim, use tasers, and threaten to kill people who haven't done anything to deserve such treatment?

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    The "soldier x" interview is complete bs. The only references he uses are other Alex Jones stories and the way he talks he sounds junior enlisted, so all he's doing is stirring the conspiracy paranoia stew and making ppl buy more tin foil.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Are rogue troops blindly following orders any more implausible than rogue cops who beat, maim, use tasers, and threaten to kill people who haven't done anything to deserve such treatment?

There is a difference in mindset between police officers and military personnel - specifically infantry types - and their typical deployment conditions are different as well.

Police typically patrol alone - although they tend to respond to "incidents in progress" in multiples - while soldiers typically deploy in not less than squad-sized elements. They tend to be under much tighter discipline than police officers and will generally have at least two first-line supervisors present with them. Military troops may obey orders to disarm citizens if they are given a plausible reason to do so by their chain-of-command, but are unlikely to "blindly" carry out such orders if couched in unlawful terms.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    If you believe this nonsense I have some ocean front property to sell you. I've been in the Army and Guard for 20 years and this kind of article is really hilarious. Who wrote this Jesse Ventura? Lol

Yes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I'm not a well-traveled person. I've been to South Korea twice, England, Germany, Kuwait, and Iraq. South Korea had changed remarkably between my first visit in 1974-75 and my last visit in 2007, but they still have a midnight curfew and soldiers in their streets. In Germany, you really really really don't want to **** off the cops. The term "Jack Booted Thugs" should really be the German translation of same, because they'll beat you bloody and haul you off to jail if you resist them in any manner. In England, you aren't allowed to own - except under rare circumstances - a firearm or even a good-sized knife. I don't suppose I have to remind folks what its like to be a "heathen" in a Muslim country. Whatever problems we have here - and there is no doubt we have problems, they pale in comparison to the lack of personal liberty that exists in the countries I've visited.

I grew up in NYC. You have less firearm freedoms there than anywhere in the UK. At least in the UK you can have shotguns, bolt-action rifles, etc...in NYC you can't even have a BB gun or a slingshot. Don't believe me? Look at the full-bore UK shooting forum.

And the cops? They'll beat you bloody for no reason at all, and on a regular basis (a few times a year) they go around shooting people out of revenge. Not to mention all the women who get raped by NYPD every year.

So yeah...not everywhere in the US is as lucky as Indiana. In indiana the cops are actually nice, normal people. In NYC, they allow first-time felons to join the force, and most of them are on massive doses of HGH and steroids. 2 of my best friend's fathers are retired NYPD, and if you mention the current NYPD within earshot of them, they will practically lose it over how corrupt and downright terrible the modern NYPD force is. (especially the first time felons thing)

Top Bottom