• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    So, over the holidays my girlfriend and I are staying in a hotel down in Nashville just as a getaway. Im wondering is there anything you guys recommend we do while we are down there?

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    If you're a beer drinker, Big Woods brewery is nice, and has good food. The nearby state forest is also worth a look.

Busted Knuckle is my favorite there. Their BBQ Nachos are killer, pizza is dang good as well. Other than that, more stuff for the hers than the hims.

My wife shops, I drink coffee & people watch until dinner, then we go to Big Woods Pizza or Big Woods Brewery for burgers.

State Park is nice to hike around, not sure about this time of year.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Brown county state park which also has Abe Martin Lodge is a nice venue.

Story Indiana on 135 is a nice ride. If you just wanna ride and see some scenery, take 135 to 58 then 446 across the Monroe lake is a nice scene.

Or tour the Indiana raptor center. Indiana Raptor Center: A hospital for birds of prey in the Hills O? Brown County, Indiana This is a very small raptor recovery center run by all volunteers dedicated to birds of prey that are injured. Visits have to be scheduled ahead of time as it is run out of a private residence. But where else can you see 2 bald eagles up close? Very educational.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I'd recommend the restaurant at the top of the Hotel Nashville. Great steak, broiled tilapia, lobster, and the best French onion soup I've ever had (and I've been to France!). Neat atmosphere, and attentive wait staff. The bar is cozy and has a well stocked selection. Price wise probably 3.5 out of 5 stars but well worth it in my estimation. There will be a couple of neat shows going on as well. At the Brown County Playhouse "It's a wonderful life"...the radio version should be underway, and if you like Sinatra there will be a neat show at the playhouse in the shops area just behind the Circle K (next door to Casa del Sol - great Mexican food with the best margaritas in the village).

The Men's Toy Store is a hoot, and they sell ammo along with SOG, Microtech, Kershaw, and other well know blade makers. Of course the state park is great too, including the indoor water park. The largest zip line facility in the state is here too. The Brown County Inn has a cozy little bar (The Corn Crib) with a big open fireplace that will have a nice fire going. They also have live music on Friday and Saturday nights.

Unless the weather prevents it you can catch a Handsome Cab Carriage ride ($20.00 if memory serves me) and when taken at night with all the Christmas light displayed is great fun. Additionally, if you wish to get some shooting in you can PM me.

Actually with the snow coming down right now it looks like something out of a Rockwell painting. Lots to do and enjoy. Check out the Brown County website for more info. Brown County Indiana Convention & Visitors Bureau

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    brown county state park, and check out "the ordinary" bar and grill on 135 in the thick of town, tell kevin hi!

I think it is now called Out of the Ordinary. I don't know anyone personally or anything, but I think it's new owners. My girlfriend and I loved this place. The pizza was rad and they had the best ranch I've ever had, but when we went back last time it was the grand opening of Out of the Ordinary. The food was ok, but nowhere near as good as the Ordinary, and it was more expensive.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I like the Hobnob Corner a lot too to eat at. My girlfriend doesn't like it as well, but I have fond memories of going there with my grandma when I'd go camping in the park with my grandparents as a child. I like their breakfast. The onion and dill toast is the cat's pajamas.

i don't know if they're still doing it now because of the weather, but my girlfriend and I enjoyed riding horses at the Schooner Valley Stables. It was way better than when we rode them in the state park. Horseback Riding in Brown County, Indiana Trailrides

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Nashville always seemed like a tourist trap to me. Lots of little shops selling the same crap with a few good restaurants mixed in.
    If you ever go there in the summer, watch the South Park Episode "The F Word" before you go. In the episode, the boys attempt to change the official definition of the word "fag" from an anti-homosexual slur to a term describing loud and obnoxious Harley bikers. You will laugh your butt off once in the town. 99.9% of Harley riders hate that episode 'cause it hits a little too close to home.
    Don't Be a Fag - YouTube

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Nashville always seemed like a tourist trap to me. Lots of little shops selling the same crap with a few good restaurants mixed in.
    If you ever go there in the summer, watch the South Park Episode "The F Word" before you go. In the episode, the boys attempt to change the official definition of the word "fag" from an anti-homosexual slur to a term describing loud and obnoxious Harley bikers. You will laugh your butt off once in the town. 99.9% of Harley riders hate that episode 'cause it hits a little too close to home.
    Don't Be a Fag - YouTube
    I LOL'd

the loud bikes are very annoying.

fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    If you're a roasted nut fan, hit the Jack & Jill Nut Shop. Not cheap, but tasty nuts and fudge. Muddy Boot Cafe also has good eats.

Top Bottom