• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Mythbusters is on and they are testing how well, or poorly, certain items will stop a bullet.

I thought some may want to watch this.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    They've made several shows, some with mistakes.

They said once that it was impossible for a bullet to make a spark when hitting steel. It was to debunk the Hollywood practice of making bullets spark when they hit things like car doors. I shot some video at a local indoor range and posted a still showing that an AK with AP ammo was making a very pronounced spark.

Those guys are cool though, I get a kick out of their shows.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    watching now and then at 10 i forget what channel it is, but a show about that guy that went and shot up a mall with an ak cause his girlfriend brokeup with him and he lost his job is on.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    They've made several shows, some with mistakes.

They said once that it was impossible for a bullet to make a spark when hitting steel. It was to debunk the Hollywood practice of making bullets spark when they hit things like car doors. I shot some video at a local indoor range and posted a still showing that an AK with AP ammo was making a very pronounced spark.

Those guys are cool though, I get a kick out of their shows.
    Yea, I know what you mean.

I just like watching some of the tests that they do. They just pretty much proved that bird shot is for birds and not for defense. They shot bird shot at 3 pizzas in a carrier, and maybe 12 pellets, of the who knows how many in one shell, got through it. It took 13 pizzas and 4 1/2 carriers (3 pizzas per carrier) to stop 00 buck. :ar15:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I liked it! Maybe they should have done the stove cover (like in back to the future)

Not to mention alot of people get shot with 22cal bullets and Ive heard they will bounce off a fat guy. or a leather coat.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I love mythbusters lol I've prolly seen each episode twice. They are just like us in the end they just wanna blow **** up.....JC

Yeah but they suck too becuase they say something is a bunch of crap, then someone shows them that THEY are full of crap on their forums, and they re-visit it in another show.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    A while back they ran an episode on shooting into water.

They found that most rifles rounds shatter on impact with water. Thought it was pretty interesting.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    I liked it! Maybe they should have done the stove cover (like in back to the future)

Not to mention alot of people get shot with 22cal bullets and Ive heard they will bounce off a fat guy. or a leather coat.

I have had a 22 round "bounce" off my leather coat. The round still left a bruise from the impact but no penetration. This was from less than 20 feet away. Another bounced off the tank of my motorcycle leaving a small ding.
    And for the record I am a "Fat guy" too.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    okay...I gota ask....why were you being shot at?

It was outside a club (bar) and it was a lesson learned. When riding motorcycles there are places where just being a non member can be a problem. I actually don't know for sure it was a 22, but always assumed because of the proximity and the limited damage. I was moving at the time, which I am sure was a factor as well. I also wasn't about to go back and say " by the way you know that didn't even penetrate?, what caliber was it any way?"

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    A life time ago

Reborn, anew, I know that God brought me through all that, to serve Him.

I can't count how many times I should have died, and the one time I did die and was revived.

Thank God..

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Actually the .22LR for years was what was used in the bulk of "mafia executions". Just enough power to penetrate the skull once and bounce off the other side. Plus really hard I would imagine to get matches off of that rounds fired (speculating on this fact).

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Actually the .22LR for years was what was used in the bulk of "mafia executions". Just enough power to penetrate the skull once and bounce off the other side. Plus really hard I would imagine to get matches off of that rounds fired (speculating on this fact).

Yup the 'pinball effect'.

Top Bottom