• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    It randomly sent a text and gps location alert to my wife, boss and IT department. It said I was in an accident and needed help. I was then in an area with no cell coverage for 21 minutes before they could reach me. The work phone has an emergency function to find me in the event of an emergency, accident or if the phone is stolen. It worked as planned. but I was not in accident. It included pictures from front and back cameras with 4 seconds of audio which added to her panic

My poor wife was in sheer panic and called the police, my kids and mom. She thought I was dead.

I've been home for a while and she has not calmed down too much.

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    I don't know whether to laugh or say holy crap. I know if I was on the receiving end of that message from my wife or kids I would also be flipping out. Glad your ok and that she hasn't killed you yet....

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    It randomly sent a text and gps location alert to my wife, boss and IT department. It said I was in an accident and needed help. I was then in an area with no cell coverage for 21 minutes before they could reach me. The work phone has an emergency function to find me in the event of an emergency, accident or if the phone is stolen. It worked as planned. but I was not in accident. It included pictures from front and back cameras with 4 seconds of audio which added to her panic

My poor wife was in sheer panic and called the police, my kids and mom. She thought I was dead.

I've been home for a while and she has not calmed down too much.

Never heard of a butt-S.O.S. before.

I'm glad it was a false alarm.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It is amazing how many nanny devices there are these days. I didn't even know such a thing existed, but then I don't have lane assist, automatic emergency braking, or other such things.

How does it know who to send the text to if it is not setup?

I'll have to look at my phone and see if those functions are available? Is this just a function of the phone, or is it part of the Mobile Device Management (MDM) software that your company uses?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Wow! Thanks for the thread. I had a similar but not as dramatic thing happen. A few weeks ago, and last night, my phone sent random texts. Once to two people and once to one person. The texts sent were old texts that I had sent, but jumbled up as to sequence. It did happen after the phone powered down and restarted. A few weeks back my battery was at critical, but last night I had over 70%.
    Wondering if it's related. I have a Samsung as well.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    It is amazing how many nanny devices there are these days. I didn't even know such a thing existed, but then I don't have lane assist, automatic emergency braking, or other such things.

How does it know who to send the text to if it is not setup?

I'll have to look at my phone and see if those functions are available? Is this just a function of the phone, or is it part of the Mobile Device Management (MDM) software that your company uses?
    its a work function for our smart phones, iPads and laptops. The SOS function went haywire on the remote access system with the device. It all happened without me knowing it was going on.

Just search sos and it should tell if you have the feature on your phone.

Top Bottom