• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    So the wife, son, & I are on the way home from Buffalo Wings tonight & I had to run into Gander Mountain to get a new fluorescent hunting cap. After getting back in the truck & heading home I told her that they're giving $20 cash back on every $100 you spend Thanksgiving. Just kidding around I said - "is there anything you need, a new gun or anything." Surprisingly she said "I've been thinking about it & I think I want my own gun." She sees me carrying mine all the time & reading stories to her about people getting victimized. Apparently she's starting to realize that the police aren't always around to protect you, that or she was really impressed by Sandra Bullock in the movie "Blind Side" when she told a drug dealer that she's a "packing mom & member of the NRA." I told her she'd also need to take a gun safety class, and she didn't even object to that. She also said she's all for getting her lifetime concealment license....... Merry Christmas to me!!!!

ProudAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good for her/you. My wife got her lifetime carry at the beginning of the year. She is so so about it when I carry but at least she wanted her permit to exersize the right and have it before they change the laws.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    :yesway: Great!!! My wife has her LTCH and has carried for years.
    Now if I can get her to help me clean guns after a trip to the range....

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Annie,

You are not a monkey, you are an ape. A chimpanzee is a member of the ape family.

I love your posts, you put up the best videos.

Best regards,

Terry

You're beating a dead monk...horse, guy. ;) She wants it to be a monkey. I'd...back away slowly and look for cover. I hear there's a heat component to the concussion...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Monkeys are good people.

I was about to start a thread very similar to OP's about late last week.

My gal. The love of my life. My political sparing partner (she's a dem). Anyway, she asks me that morning that she would like to learn how to use the pistols that I have. I think I contained my glee enough by only saying "ok, after thanksgiving, we'll take a day for both of us to go over everything."

I felt excited for us as a couple and a little pensive about not turning her off by giving her too much, too fast. She came to me about it, so I definitly don't want to push it.

I'm probably going to need some advice from some folks here. I've compiled the four basic safety rules, some basic range rules, and even some physics/ballistic info that seems to illustrate what we are doing when we shoot. She likes technical information sometimes, so I only added it to hold her interest.

It was bound to happen, but I want everything to go very well.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I find that every activity I do is better if down with my spouse. I love spending time with him and go to the range with him most of the time. We have a daughter who is not interested in it at all so I don't force her to go too often. It's an outdoor range though so she sits in the car playing her DS most of the time anyway.

I'm glad all of these women are getting interested in firearms and hopefully the time spent with you guys will be of quality time as well. :)

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Thats awesome man. My wife and I decided that I would get my permit first which I already got. And she is gonna get hers after the holidays. So I know what ya feelin. I am excited for to get hers.

Top Bottom