• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    She's not a danger to society, just herself at times. And my wallet.

If anything she needs a full-body NERF uniform.
    Yeah, but if she's strapped down, she can't twist anything. The nerf uniform would arguably be more dangerous as it would be cumbersome and more difficult to walk in and it only really protects from blunt force trauma.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Maybe if the accident prone wife had to spend her own money on her medical bills she would maybe pay attention substantially more. :dunno:

If she wants to act like a kid...treat her like one. ;)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Got rid of her after 12.5yrs of suffrage with her in the same house as me! :rockwoot:

"its my house! and if you dont like it, get the F out! -----Eddie Murphy

The "her/my" vs. "our" money attitude might be a good reason as to why you two didn't work out.

(BTW, you probably want to look up the word "suffrage" before using it again.)

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The his/hers/ours thing seems a little outdated to me. My wife pays in cash and check and I always pay in plastic. Neither of us would ever have a clue on how much we have if we shared out of the same bucket. So much easier and simpler. If one doesn't have enough, they ask the other. Easy. No adversity. No bs.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    She's not a danger to society, just herself at times. And my wallet.

If anything she needs a full-body NERF uniform.

I feel your pain brother! My wife can be walking down a beach and trip over the only rock for miles (yep, it happened) taking the skin off her shin. Walking on a sidewalk in Denver where she was sent for training with her new job, find the low spot, stumble and crack her ankle. Skating with the kids, feet go out from under her and smush the corner of a vertebrae. I have more... lots more.

But I love her. And her new job has better insurance at half the cost of mine.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    The his/hers/ours thing seems a little outdated to me. My wife pays in cash and check and I always pay in plastic. Neither of us would ever have a clue on how much we have if we shared out of the same bucket. So much easier and simpler. If one doesn't have enough, they ask the other. Easy. No adversity. No bs.

It's not outdated, it's simply another way of doing it. Most couples use one of three systems know as One Bucket, Two Bucket, or Three Bucket.

One Bucket - All money flows into and out of a single account. All money and assets are shared. It is best managed when one person is the primary leader, but both people are responsible adults. A simple impulse buy can have dire consequences for the entire family. This method requires the greatest amount of communication to succeed. It is also the stickiest to figure out in case of divorce.

Two Bucket - The classic his and hers scenario. Separate accounts are maintained. Bills are usually shared 50/50 or broken up in a fairly balanced way. This method places each person in charge of their own finances. If he wants a new gun, he saves his money to buy it and it's none of her business; it's vice-versa if she wants a new pair of shoes. This method is often a sign of mistrust among the partners, as it is the easiest to sort out in case of divorce.

Three Bucket - Most money flows into a central account, but some flows into a separate account for each person. It ensures that bills are paid, but also gives each person an "allowance" that they may use as they see fit. This is the method we prefer. It prevents an individual mistake from sinking the family ship, but allows each of us to buy the things we want without permission from the other. This one is middle of the road for figuring out in case of divorce.

None of these methods are antiquated. They are simply different ways of arriving at similar goals. Their are pros and cons to each. Proponents of the Two Bucket system may argue that the others allow one person to be a parasite on the other, I would counter that you shouldn't marry parasites.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    The "her/my" vs. "our" money attitude might be a good reason as to why you two didn't work out.

(BTW, you probably want to look up the word "suffrage" before using it again.)

Not even close. "We didnt work out" because she was starting to act like her psychopathic mother.

And as for the english language SS on here...Do you truly have nothing better to do? Go doublecharge a reload and experiment with its accuracy or something! ;)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    IMO, the money thing is just a reflection of trust.

If you trust your wife with your life, then you'll probably trust her with your money too.

If you don't trust her to turn off a light when she leaves the room, then you probably have your own checking account.

Although, I don't understand the point of being legally bound to someone you don't trust.

That's just me though.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    IMO, the money thing is just a reflection of trust.

If you trust your wife with your life, then you'll probably trust her with your money too.

If you don't trust her to turn off a light when she leaves the room, then you probably have your own checking account.

Although, I don't understand the point of being legally bound to someone you don't trust.

That's just me though.

It should be noted that separate accounts are not an indication of the level of trust either. Or that they operate as strictly his/hers.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Not even close. "We didn't work out" because she was starting to act like her psychopathic mother.

And as for the English language SS on here...do you truly have nothing better to do? Go double-charge a reload and experiment with it's accuracy or something! ;)

All mistakes fixed in red. Also:

suf·frage/ˈsəfrij/

Noun:
    • The right to vote in political elections.
    • A series of intercessory prayers or petitions.

You're welcome!

grammar-nazi.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Not even close. "We didnt work out" because she was starting to act like her psychopathic mother.

And as for the english language SS on here...Do you truly have nothing better to do? Go doublecharge a reload and experiment with its accuracy or something! ;)

1. Yes, I'm sure none of it was your fault.

2. There is a difference between pointing out that you are using a word COMPLETELY wrong and telling you that you are missing some punctuation or misspelled a word. What you said wasn't a misspelling; you just didn't know the word you used.

With that being said, I'll leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uPcthZL2RE

You are one of these people.

Top Bottom