• ...and so much more!
  • Fitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Indianapolis (Westside)
    Hello everyone,
    I am new and I haven't had a chance to read all of the post's yet, so this may have been addressed, but here is my story.

I was recently involved in an accident and suffered a back injury. I was prescribed pain medication and decided to get it filled at Wal Mart because the prices are very affordable. I had been oc'ing all day, as I normally do. I dropped my prescription off at the pharmacy and was told that it would take about a half hour, so I decided to do a little shopping while I was waiting. I made it back to the sporting goods department and was browsing. I was approached by an associate and asked "Are you law enforcement?" I said no, she then stated that "If you aren't law enforcement, then we need you to cover that up." I covered my weapon and said "Okay. Why?" She stated that "A child might grab it." I am very confused by this logic. I guess they believe that the fact that a person is a member of law enforcement somehow makes their holsters more secure than a normal citizen's. I didn't bother to inform her that I have been involved in martial arts for over 20 years and that it was highy unlikely that any adult, much less a child would be able to remove my weapon from my holster without my consent. I would like to say I wont shop at Wal Mart any longer, but their prices are too good to pass up.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've ran into exactly 3 semi intelligent WalMart employees out of all the different stores I've been in (they all work at the same one, in the same department). I'd say for the most part, the employees at Walmart aren't paid to know anything other than how to find the toilet paper, how not to totally screw up a transaction, and MAYBE put together a complete sentence. I don't try to correct the stupid at Walmart as I don't want to have to live in the store to complete the task.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Some employees will just make up a rule as they see fit.

When questioned, they may even make up a reason as they see fit.

It doesn't make any difference to them (if they even realize) that Wal-Mart corporate policy is to simply recognize the laws of whatever state the store is located.

You could always follow up with that store's manager and then move up the chain of command if you'd like some local resolution.

For the record, I've never had any issues openly carrying in any of several Wal-Marts.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've ran into exactly 3 semi intelligent WalMart employees out of all the different stores I've been in (they all work at the same one, in the same department). I'd say for the most part, the employees at Walmart aren't paid to know anything other than how to find the toilet paper, how not to totally screw up a transaction, and MAYBE put together a complete sentence. I don't try to correct the stupid at Walmart as I don't want to have to live in the store to complete the task.

As has been said previously, you can't fix stupid. Don't waste your time.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Hello everyone,
    I am new and I haven't had a chance to read all of the post's yet, so this may have been addressed, but here is my story.

I was recently involved in an accident and suffered a back injury. I was prescribed pain medication and decided to get it filled at Wal Mart because the prices are very affordable. I had been oc'ing all day, as I normally do. I dropped my prescription off at the pharmacy and was told that it would take about a half hour, so I decided to do a little shopping while I was waiting. I made it back to the sporting goods department and was browsing. I was approached by an associate and asked "Are you law enforcement?" I said no, she then stated that "If you aren't law enforcement, then we need you to cover that up." I covered my weapon and said "Okay. Why?" She stated that "A child might grab it." I am very confused by this logic. I guess they believe that the fact that a person is a member of law enforcement somehow makes their holsters more secure than a normal citizen's. I didn't bother to inform her that I have been involved in martial arts for over 20 years and that it was highy unlikely that any adult, much less a child would be able to remove my weapon from my holster without my consent. I would like to say I wont shop at Wal Mart any longer, but their prices are too good to pass up.

Actually LEO's do normally use retention holsters, specifically designed to make it very difficult for the weapon to be removed by others, while in uniform. Not saying the request was legal but he could have asked you leave the store which is legal.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Hello everyone,

I stopped buy at WALMART, cause most of their junk comes from CHINA, WALMART is chocking out most of the mom-n-pop stores, buy demanding that the products they buy be given to WALMART discounted over any other stores, & their employees aren't very nice or helpful:twocents:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Its always funny to see the double standard bewteen citizens and LEOs when it comes to firearms.
    I wonder if she would tell a police officer that a child could grab his/her gun and that he/she should be more careful about it.
    You should have challenged her to try to take your gun away from you.
    Maybe with a broken arm after she tried she will understand that with the proper training someone can protect his gun.LEO or not.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Its always funny to see the double standard bewteen citizens and LEOs when it comes to firearms.
    I wonder if she would tell a police officer that a child could grab his/her gun and that he/she should be more careful about it.
    You should have challenged her to try to take your gun away from you.
    Maybe with a broken arm after she tried she will understand that with the proper training someone can protect his gun.LEO or not.

She would be dumb enough to try to remove his weapon, & get her arm broken, stay at home & collect WORKMEN COMP:D

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Sounds like a positive experience to me. You go there for the affordable prices, not WalMart's stance on the second amendment. It appears that they followed through with the affordable prices which is why you believe you will return.

I will spend money in stores that meet my expectations for what that particular store provides. I will spend money in restaurants for the quality of food and service that restaurant provides. I will fill up at gas stations for the quality of gas and price that the gas station provides. I will bank with whatever bank provides the best service in person, on the web, and by location of ATMs.

I hear that Sacs Fifth Avenue is VERY pro-second amendment. Maybe you should all go shop there as that seems to be the most important thing in life (at least when looking for a reason to complain about a company).

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Hello everyone,

I don't think it's worth going to WALMART to save a couple of pennies, the lines are long, & they won't let you open-carry:(

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm just curious, if a mere "associate" makes an issue of your weapon and you ignore their request to leave, does it carry the same weight as a manager?

Say "Bob" the guy that empties the trashcans makes an issue of it and takes it upon himself to display his ignorance of corporate policy by calling the law are you trespassing.

Let's leave management out of this, this is about "Bob". I understand that the manager on duty will probably side with Bob if (s)he becomes involved to protect Bobs paranoia. Focus on Bob.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I'm just curious, if a mere "associate" makes an issue of your weapon and you ignore their request to leave, does it carry the same weight as a manager?

Say "Bob" the guy that empties the trashcans makes an issue of it and takes it upon himself to display his ignorance of corporate policy by calling the law are you trespassing.

Let's leave management out of this, this is about "Bob". I understand that the manager on duty will probably side with Bob if (s)he becomes involved to protect Bobs paranoia. Focus on Bob.

I believe an employee of a company is a representative of the company and can make these requests. The manager has the ability to over-rule the employee but that employee has a vested interest in the company and will likely be recognized as having that authority if LE should be called in a situation like this.:twocents:

Top Bottom