My son's 16th birthday. Had a great day at the range.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Been thinking about this and thought I would share it. My son's 16th birthday was this past Sunday. In the morning when he got up I told him we would go do anything he wanted to do for the day (within reason of course). Without hesitating, he said "Can we go to the range?"

So we proceeded to pick out a few long guns and a few handguns. While we were getting ready he says"Can I call Grandpa and invite him?" I told him of course he could, and grandpa was all in for it too.

While getting ready I dug out one of my old favorites that hasn't see much use recently and that I don't think my son had never shot. It's an old Savage 24 (in 22lr and .410). Much to my surprise, that was the hit of the day with my him. I kinda forgot how accurate that rifle is (for open sites).

We did the typical paper targets and even used some spent shotgun shells as targets. My son's favorite shot of the day was picking off a spent .45 case he found on the ground. At 50 yards he nailed it dead center. That was with a scoped 22lr not the Savage, but still a good shot. I'll get a picture of that up later.

Of course, in all of the excitement I forgot to throw in the camera. Got a few crappy cell phone pictures though. Here is one of my son and his grandpa.

0307001300a.jpg

Well anyway, I just thought I'd share. Thanks for listening.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Good going-(picture not that bad:)). A little family time with grandpa included is probably gonna be remembered long after the cake and ice cream. Sounds like you've got a great son.:yesway:

Top Bottom