• ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    The inverter is 600 watts continuous.
    The panels and charge controller were given to me. I believe they are the Harbor freight panels.
    The batteries are 100 Amp hrs each.

It's used for the pregnant goats when the weather is bad.
    I have a Mr Buddy heater connected to the large propane tank.
    To keep condensation down, I run the fan....

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My garage (detached, storage use) does not have electricity run to it and I have always wanted to do a similar small solar setup. Ideally this would have a couple batteries for storage, wired chargers for lawn equipment, and feed to some LED lights and maybe a vent fan.

Do this, convert to battery powered mower and trimmer, and my lawn will look awesome during a grid down/TEOTWAWKI scenario!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I run a 200 watt Renogy system on my cabin in Alaska. Plan on adding two more panels and a larger battery next year. Provides enough power for some outlets and LED ceiling lights in the cabin. Also have a series of outlets on a seperate generator feed.
    20200603_165330.jpg
    20180718_200813.jpg
    20200603_165359.jpg
    20200615_204114.jpg

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    0VOE7Cr.jpg

This is a dated picture of my system on my barn...1.2kW of panels (six 200w panels, two parallel strings of three panels in series) the Renogy Rover 40A MPPT charge controller, into four 6V Duracell GC2 flooded lead acid golf cart batteries in series for 24V, to an AIMS 24V 2000w inverter charger then to a load center. I've got 8 outlets around the barn, two 72" ceiling fans, five 48" LED shop lights and a buried line to my dock to run the pond aerator.

I've since installed a pull-out air conditioning disconnect on the wires between the solar panels and charge controller. My batteries are 3 years old and have been discharged a few times (including last week due to snow/ice) so I need to replace them this year. Might go lithium, I dunno yet.

I also installed five 160w Newpowa panels on my parents' barn in Washington Co, KY in December...also used a Renogy Rover 40A and those go to four 12V 27DC batteries in 2S/2P configuration, powering a 24V 800w Amazon special inverter. All that system does right now is power trickle chargers for ATVS/tractors/etc but its scalable going forward.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Most systems in Alaska are 48 volt. I kept mine very simple since we are only there 4-6 weeks every other year. My BIL and SIL live in Alaska year round and have a cabin near ours. They too have solar and run a simple 200 watt panel/12 volt storage system. It is enough for charging phones and lithium batteries for tools.

Top Bottom