• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was using this week befor last on my Mk23. I was on my 1st magazine. After just a few rounds, I noticed my bullet hit in the dirt below the target. I checked and the suppressor had loosened up. So I tightened it down again. I fired some more and I started missing the target. Yep loose again. I looked and yes, you guessed it. I had a couple baffle and end cap strikes. I went on their website and filled out a request for warranty service form. On the form, it asked if I had used teflon tape on the threads like I was supposed to do… well no. I didn’t know I was supposed to. So that was on Friday late afternoon. On Monday, I received the return mailing label (cost to me $25) by email. I received the suppressor back from them on Saturday. So that was very quick turn around.

I took it out today with a roll of teflon tape. It did keep it tightened through 7 mags.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I was using this week befor last on my Mk23. I was on my 1st magazine. After just a few rounds, I noticed my bullet hit in the dirt below the target. I checked and the suppressor had loosened up. So I tightened it down again. I fired some more and I started missing the target. Yep loose again. I looked and yes, you guessed it. I had a couple baffle and end cap strikes. I went on their website and filled out a request for warranty service form. On the form, it asked if I had used teflon tape on the threads like I was supposed to do… well no. I didn’t know I was supposed to. So that was on Friday late afternoon. On Monday, I received the return mailing label (cost to me $25) by email. I received the suppressor back from them on Saturday. So that was very quick turn around.

I took it out today with a roll of teflon tape. It did keep it tightened through 7 mags.
    Good that they still covered the repairs and were quick about it! I’m not thrilled with my Huxwrx RAD45, so the Rugged is the next can on my list.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Good that they still covered the repairs and were quick about it! I’m not thrilled with my Huxwrx RAD45, so the Rugged is the next can on my list.
    Good to hear from OP as I have a Rugged Obsidian 9 and I have heard many good stories about their customer service.

That said, I know someone considering a Huxwrx, and not to hijack too much but what don't you like about it?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It’s a “flow through” can and I feel like everything, including the sound, flows right through! Was shooting .45 with a 7” barrel and found myself thinking about whether I should grab some ear pro or not.
    Interesting. I know someone looking at flow through for a PDW because they shoot lefty and want to avoid gas to the face. Sounds like the trade off on that suppressor was too much.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Interesting. I know someone looking at flow through for a PDW because they shoot lefty and want to avoid gas to the face. Sounds like the trade off on that suppressor was too much.
    Yeah, and to be fair, it’s my first .45 can. Maybe my expectations were too high… I have heard people say that .45 can be a disappointment to suppress. But willing to sacrifice the potential gas in the face for a bit more sound suppression!

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Yeah, and to be fair, it’s my first .45 can. Maybe my expectations were too high… I have heard people say that .45 can be a disappointment to suppress. But willing to sacrifice the potential gas in the face for a bit more sound suppression!

45ACP is (in my opinion) the easiest and most effectively suppressed center fire cartridge. The RAD45 was not known for its great suppression. Neither was the Cash 9. But the Ventum and Flow rifle cans are a different beast and quite good suppressors. Very slightly louder in front of the cans but not really noticeable to the shooter, and the lack of “gassing out” the trigger man is worth the price, especially with rapid fire / FA.

For pistol cans, I don’t think you can beat the Rugged Obsidian series for price and customer support.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom