• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    So awhile ago I had a W. German P228. Took me awhile to find it and I paid a decent price for it. I decided to sell it for a different investment and ever since regretted it. Well, I convinced myself it was time to find one again...

I was looking at one on GB and the going price was $850...original cardboard box, hardly any use etc. etc. Pretty much a 98% gun. Well that wasn't "too far" out of what I wanted to pay but I ended up losing the auction anyways.

The next day the itch had gotten to me more and I couldn't stop thinking about a crappy condition P228 I saw. "Well you can always get the slide refinished at least." I said to myself...Trying to convince myself I should do it.

I hopped on GB again during my lunch hour...and there it was.

photo-1.jpg
    A 1994 W. German P228

What really makes this story great is the price: $475!!!! The gun is in incredible condition and I could not be happier! My Sig guys out there will understand how over joyed I am with this acquisition! I learned my lesson though, this one won't be going anywhere.

GS45

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Ha true true! I am just grateful to have one back :) I'll post some more pictures tomorrow. I really do strongly believe this is one of if not (dare I say) the best 9mm made. IMO...this is coming from a dedicated HK guy...

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I enjoy my 3 P228s and have been slowly collecting them(bought my first one 3yrs ago). I wouldn't hesitate to carry one since my EDC is a 229 357 and they are very close in size in weight obviously.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i picked up a desert tan m11a1 a month ago, and its been my carry gun since, but since it warming up soon(i hope) looks like its back to my 239

oh and i'll never part with any of my sigs!

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That's is an extraordinary find! I've owned three, still have two, and the one I traded away I still regret. I had one of them out at the range this weekend doing drills and realized again just how superb they are. It hasn't been my EDC for a while, but I can see spending some more time with it this spring getting it back into the rotation.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm not a Sig guy, but for that price, I'd say hold up on the lottery ticket as you have already used up all your luck.

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    I would love to find a nice P228 right now similar to yours! They are my favorite sig for sure, and possibly handgun period.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom