• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    well after a bit of a runaround, my Romanian AK variant finally arrived from Classic Arms. despite what their website may say, their inventory is not current. but their prices, even with shipping and the FFL transfer, was still still a lot cheaper than a major Indy area shop who recently had their WASRs "on clearance" for more than $500 before tax. :n00b:

anyhoo, it's just a run of the mill WASR-10, but with those even features that according to libs will make the gun start killing people: the bayonet and compensator.

anyhoo, it's a Century gun. And to be expected, the wood furniture is not much to look at. And in typical century fashion, the sling buckle is too large and won't fit on the rifle. nor will either of the two cleaning rods. Why I received two is beyond me. The bayo fits well and locks into the place. the sights seem straight, no cant. there is a bit of mag wobble, but this is typical since century mills the receivers out to accept all AK47 doublestack mags. the buttstock cleaning kit is also absent. this doesnt matter to me though because:

1) its an AK and i dont plan on treating it with respect.
    2) i use a Boresnake, which is way quicker and more effective than the rod/brush method. i look forward to being able to give her a test drive.

anyhoo, i am no photographer. but here's a few crappy pics showing the rifle and the rough finish. this rifle is strictly for zombie defense, which is why i wanted the bayonet. although the bayo is not a proven zombie killer, it beats having nothing at all during those close encounters.

thanks to Patti at TSG for putting up with my constant barrage of PMs. :D

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

Last edited:

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    Did the wood come in that finish, or did you stain it yourself? My (otherwise identical) WASR has what I take to be untreated wood, it has no shine and there's obviously nothing infused in it. Did you have to do that yourself, and if so, what did you use, and is it sticky at all? Thanks.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    that wood is how it came. those pics were taken about an hour after i filled out the paper work. i wouldnt mind staining it a nice, russian red sometime in the future.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Congrats!! What I like about any of the Romanian AK variants is that the wood finish is so bad you don't mind sanding it down and refinishing it! :D Have done several myself and really enjoy trying to match what I see in pictures of AKs that we can't own because we don't have any laws protecting firearm ownership from an oppressive government. ;)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Nice AK! 2 of my younger brothers just bought the same guns last weekend. Our local gun shop had them on sale for $399. Came with gun, sling, bayonet, 2 mags, and a cleaning kit. Nice deal!

Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    South Bend
    How is their inventory not current?

But the two mags came with it, right? Because paying $390 for this Classic Arms WASR is a much better deal than the WASRs stores near me are selling, but if some of the stuff they list as included (such as the cleaning kit) isn't actually there, I will have to reconsider.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Patti didn't mind, trust me.

We will be ordering some AK's in here soon. We are seeing alot in transfers so decided we would start carrying them along with mags and ammo. Plus I like them rather well.
    Group buy on Romanians!? :D

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    How is their inventory not current?

But the two mags came with it, right? Because paying $390 for this Classic Arms WASR is a much better deal than the WASRs stores near me are selling, but if some of the stuff they list as included (such as the cleaning kit) isn't actually there, I will have to reconsider.

when you use their online order form, there is a button that removes out of stock items. well, that's not entirely true. my rifle was not in stock and i did not find this out until I called them several business days after i placed my order. the backorder was only 10 days and the lady i spoke with was very nice, but i just like instant gratification. ;)

and yes, it did come with 2 steel mags. the bayo, the mag carrier, and oil bottle were there. the sling can be probably be rigged to work, but it's pretty pointless anyways. if i want a sling, i'll buy a good one. the cleaning kit is not a big loss to me. i had a wasr last year and the cleaning kit was useless...the brush thread was a different size than the cleaning rod. :laugh: believe me, it's useless...get a boresnake and forgetaboutit.

like i said, i saved over a hundred dollars by ordering from classic arms. and the rifle was in better shape (especially the front sight) than Big Gun Shop's WASRs. and it came with bayo and compensator (impractical yes, but very cool looking imo).

i should also note that the bolt and piston were immaculate. waaaaaay better than the WASR i bought from Big Gun Shop last year (not that function was affected).

dude, if the zombies get close enough to use the bayonet, you're hopelessly screwed already...

very true. but i might get one more before my brains get eaten.

GC Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    IF you happen to like the blonde look, Apex has Bulgarian AK74 stock sets for $25. I put them on mine, just had to do a little sanding on the end of one the hand guards to get it to fit. It really changed the looks of my WASR.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    saw one at the big R in wabash recently for $375. my wifes inevitable wrath if i bought it is the only thing that kept it on the shelf............for now............

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I might participate in a group buy of sorts for a QUALITY AK at a reasonable price. Saiga group buy AND conversion party?

TO the OP... sharp looking zombie destroyer. I'd leave the bayonet on. It could save your life. Or as you already said, you could pig stick a few on your way out of this world.

Top Bottom