• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Been looking very hard for a while, and had many dead end searchs. But i finally stumbled accross this wonderful machine for a STEEL!

mynewmill.jpg

P2240124.jpg

P2240126.jpg

P2240129.jpg

P2240130-1.jpg

P2230111.jpg

P2230113.jpg

P2230105.jpg

Now to practice, dovetail cuts!

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    NICE!!! So... what's the grand plan? Beginning faze of Indiana Gun Werks, makers of fine hunting rifles? Building high end revolvers? Making double rifles? Inventing the 2111? Making an un-ugly Glock? (ok, just kidding on the last one, some things are just not going to happen.)

also, it that puppy three phase power?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Congrats! You got it! I was surprised they used a Cat to load that. Very cool though. I thought you were getting a bridgeport?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Very true medic... i did just sent a foot locker (to be turned into a baking cabnet) and a wood cabnet to medics place.

it is three phase but i plan on running a Variable Frequency Drive off my houshold 220 so i can adjust speeds w/out having to change belts...

who knows about the future of IGW... i still have alot to learn, much of which will have to be self taught, but current projects are a custom 1911, and turning a 10/22 into an my garand clone using origonal garand parts including stock barrel and sights.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Congrats! You got it! I was surprised they used a Cat to load that. Very cool though. I thought you were getting a bridgeport?

i was looking at bridgeports but you end up paying double the value of the machine just for the name brand... this machine was only used in a hobby shop making scale trains... it is an old model, but its american made and the company still services them, parts are still very available....

only drawback is its a brown and sharpe #9 taper collet system which i will work w/ for a short while then send my quill off to be reground for r8 collets for around 250 bucks.

a brief search of index shows a huge following of people that say they are a better machine than bridgeports... this is in no way a knock off milling machine...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    it is an old model, but its american made and the company still services them, parts are still very available....

So is Toyota, look what's happening to them :D

a brief search of index shows a huge following of people that say they are a better machine than bridgeports... .

Oh that is just Blasphemy!:)

Best of luck to ya! You'll be surprised what kind of things you can do with those milling machines.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    That mill is fine for your purposes.

The main thing is to put an indicator on the bed and check the table run out, but for light cuts like you will do, you'll be fine!
    :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I want a whole set of collets graduated in 1/64th increments up to 1 inch. I have a (quick change?) collet holder? its whats on the machine in the video....

i also need a drill chuck, if you can find one quickly, otherwise i will make one myself with a 1/2 inch shank to jacobs number 2 (or possibly 3) taper.

its a brown and sharpe #9 taper.

LLDJR... what do you mean by table runout? backlash was around .35 in the center, and less on the edges.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    I want a whole set of collets graduated in 1/64th increments up to 1 inch. I have a (quick change?) collet holder? its whats on the machine in the video....

i also need a drill chuck, if you can find one quickly, otherwise i will make one myself with a 1/2 inch shank to jacobs number 2 (or possibly 3) taper.

its a brown and sharpe #9 taper.

LLDJR... what do you mean by table runout? backlash was around .35 in the center, and less on the edges.
    have you tried wholesale tool in indy? i think they are on hana just east of 31

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We use to move thier machines. They have a branch up in Noblesville and it's really nice. Everything's CNC now, but that's a nice one. Most of the ones we move are beat all to hell.

Top Bottom