• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Was on the west side of Indy and decided to visit a store I've heard about, Plainfield Shooting Supplies. I picked up a brand new LCP after trying to decide between it and the new hard chrome model. I guess I preferred the non-reflective black surface and it matches my M&P9c.

Took it outside to fire off a few rounds the same day: I shot 30 rounds of FMJ ammo flawlessly. Its not nearly as comfortable to shoot compared to my other handguns but that does not concern me. I have been looking at a pocket .380 for deep summer concealment and for bicycling or working out. Even with tiny sights on this small pistol and the flat magazine base-pad, I shot tight groups from 15 feet away. No malfunctions occurred.

After installing CrimsonTrace on my M&P a while back, I'm considering doing the same for my fresh LCP. The only thing holding me back is the added bulk. I know it would be a limited size increase with a laser, but I chose this pistol for pocket carrying purposes. I'll probably end up buying a CT for it anyway.

Along with the target ammo, I was sold a box of Pow'RBall ammo. Don't know much about this ammo. This is my first .380 to buy ammunition for. If there is a superior .380 ammo out there let me know. I think its important I have top notch self-defense ammo in .380 ACP (as for any cartridge).

IMG_0719.jpg

And for size comparison to my iPhone
    IMG_0721.jpg

markz68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Connersville, IN
    Nice looking gun! I almost bought one this past weekend at Plainfield Shooting Supply. I ended up buying the Kel-Tec P-3AT instead.

Did you look at the engraved Ruger LCP? It was pretty nice looking too!

When I was buying ammo with the gun, they asked if it was for target practice or personal protection. I ended up buying target rounds first. They suggested I get Spear Gold Dots for personal protection.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I REALLY want one of these. You are not very far away, I would love to (your range or mine) be able to put a few down range to check it out. If you are interested in shooting some WW2 stuff I would be more than willing to bring whatever I have as an offering. If interested I'll pm you a list of my stuff. Actually you could just call my bluff and I'm pretty much always looking to show folks my WW2 stuff but I would like to see how the Ruger feels.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Nice choice!. I love my LCP and have stayed away from a crimson trace due to the added bulk. Figured if I needed it, the range would be danger close and I would be jamming it into the BD's body and pulling the trigger until it was empty.

I do like crimson trace and have them on a number of items.

I carry Powerball ammo in one of my 1911's. Expensive but love the results. Good choice.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have one with the CT laser on it. If you are worried about added bulk, you shouldn't be. It adds next to nothing on the weight. Add in an Uncle George's wallet holster and you have a wonderful pocket gun.

Congrats!

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I don't have any experience with the Powerball but I carry a P3AT and I went with the Remington Golden Saber in .380 for it. It's the heaviest .380 on the market (102 gr). More weight = Better penetration, and these small guns need all the penetration they can get.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was up in the air about getting the CT for my LCP for the same reason, but i can honestly tell you now that I have it I cant be more pleased. As for HP ammo Im currently using Gold Dots but I really like the Critical Defense but finding it is nearly impossible.
    picture.php

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have one with the CT laser on it. If you are worried about added bulk, you shouldn't be. It adds next to nothing on the weight. Add in an Uncle George's wallet holster and you have a wonderful pocket gun.

Congrats!

I'm more of a fan of the front pocket style holsters. The wallet holsters seem like they are designed for the rear pocket. I don't like things to sit on objects causing my spine to be misaligned. Are you ever afraid you may break/crack the CT when sitting on it like that?

Did you look at the engraved Ruger LCP? It was pretty nice looking too!
    I saw the engraved Ruger. It was different. Not my taste. I'm sure someone will enjoy it.

Welcome to the club. You might want to check out the LCP forum here. I also use Speer Gold Dots. Elsie Pea Forum - The #1 Ruger LCP Owner Forum and Information Source
    I checked out that forum. Good info there.

Thanks!

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I was up in the air about getting the CT for my LCP for the same reason, but i can honestly tell you now that I have it I cant be more pleased. As for HP ammo Im currently using Gold Dots but I really like the Critical Defense but finding it is nearly impossible.

Very tempting. I may just have to get one now

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I picked mine up at the last Tipton gun show. I got an ankle holster from Nancy at the “Lawfully Armed” table at the same time. I’m right handed but got a left-handed holster by mistake. I was going to exchange it at the next show but after I tried it I found that the left-handed holster gives the gun a bit of a forward cant which tucks the grip in close to the leg. It’s compact enough that I don’t know it’s there.

~Bucky~

[FONT=&quot]
    LCPMag_a.jpg

[/FONT]

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I'm more of a fan of the front pocket style holsters. The wallet holsters seem like they are designed for the rear pocket. I don't like things to sit on objects causing my spine to be misaligned. Are you ever afraid you may break/crack the CT when sitting on it like that?

You are right that it is designed for the rear pocket. I use it alot in the front as well and works great in that position too. I also have a DeSantis Nemesis that I like, but I haven't used it at all since the wallet holster arrived.

I don't notice it in my back pocket when sitting and as far as breaking the laser, I've had no problems after sitting on it for 2 weeks. The gun sits on the outside edge of your pocket so your weight really doesn't sit directly on the gun so it really isn't an issue. My wallet is more of a discomfort than the gun.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Love my LCP!! Put over 300 rounds through it without a single malfunction. Not very interested in the laser sight. I have good luck with point shooting, just looking over the top of the sights. Also, have had good luck with the Speer Gold Dot HP's.

Top Bottom