• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    picture.php

After much debate, and some good suggesstions from some board members here, I went with the Ruger LCP .380. It's light weight, very very compact, and its so small, it's not even funny. The gun lock Sturm/Ruger sent with the pistol is bigger than the pistol itself.

I have had some experience before, but with the Kel-Tecs. P3AT and the .32. I was going to get the Kel-Tec (just a transfer from a buddy) but it didn't have the pocket clip and it was dropped, alot. So, I bought her brand new, from Blythe's in Griffith, for a steal of $289 (they held 1 of 3 they recently got just for me). MSRP is $330 I believe, but either way, now my collection is almost complete.

The only problem I have, is the ammo selection right now. I only found FMJ's and JHP's. I could only buy 2 boxes, and they were the only ones that had .380 in stock (mind you it was only 3 boxes after that). Not Gander Mtn, not Cabela's, not Westforth's, nobody but them.

I have an ankle holster, carry holster, and pocket holster for it too. I also purchased another OEM mag and OEM mag extension. The Pearce extension grips were slightly larger and wider than the ones that Ruger offer, but I didn't like the feel of them. So, this firearm is only an OEM firearm. No grips, no night sights, no nothing. Although the CTC ones do look tempting...

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Congrats on the great pistol. I drooled on one today as I was purchasing my first Glock. I almost bought the LCP because there is no excuse NOT to carry it anywhere. I'm now in Alabama, and the 380 ammo situation is what kept me from buying the LCP. I have a Bersa Thunder 380 (great gun) and it's expensive to shoot, and the shooting is at the whim of the market. More photos when you get a chance! Again, hope you enjoy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Congrats on the great pistol. I drooled on one today as I was purchasing my first Glock. I almost bought the LCP because there is no excuse NOT to carry it anywhere. I'm now in Alabama, and the 380 ammo situation is what kept me from buying the LCP. I have a Bersa Thunder 380 (great gun) and it's expensive to shoot, and the shooting is at the whim of the market. More photos when you get a chance! Again, hope you enjoy.

Yeah. I drooled, and bought it. But, after much thoughts and avail, I went through with it. The ammo situation does bother me, but I have enough to keep some, and go shooting to bet a better "feel" for the weapons characteristics. It doesn't take me long to figure it out.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I really wish they were open just one hour later because I can't make it there before close. I've gone into the store three times in my life. Friend of mine buys all his guns through them, the few times I've been in there I almost bought one but usually I don't buy guns on the first visit.

Nice buy! I've wanted one a long time, ended up settling for a Keltec.

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    After much debate, and some good suggesstions from some board members here, I went with the Ruger LCP .380. It's light weight, very very compact, and its so small, it's not even funny. The gun lock Sturm/Ruger sent with the pistol is bigger than the pistol itself.

I have had some experience before, but with the Kel-Tecs. P3AT and the .32. I was going to get the Kel-Tec (just a transfer from a buddy) but it didn't have the pocket clip and it was dropped, alot. So, I bought her brand new, from Blythe's in Griffith, for a steal of $289 (they held 1 of 3 they recently got just for me). MSRP is $330 I believe, but either way, now my collection is almost complete.

The only problem I have, is the ammo selection right now. I only found FMJ's and JHP's. I could only buy 2 boxes, and they were the only ones that had .380 in stock (mind you it was only 3 boxes after that). Not Gander Mtn, not Cabela's, not Westforth's, nobody but them.

I have an ankle holster, carry holster, and pocket holster for it too. I also purchased another OEM mag and OEM mag extension. The Pearce extension grips were slightly larger and wider than the ones that Ruger offer, but I didn't like the feel of them. So, this firearm is only an OEM firearm. No grips, no night sights, no nothing. Although the CTC ones do look tempting...

Excellent choice! I love mine. I would definately recommend the CT. It makes sighting soooo much easier.

LCP.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Congrats on the new gun. I love mine and it really is very easy to carry all the time. I never leave home without it on me.
    Yeah, same here. It's just like adding another cell phone/wallet to the mix.

Excellent choice! I love mine. I would definately recommend the CT. It makes sighting soooo much easier.

LCP.jpg
    Yeah, people have told me that too. I dunno though, that's alot of money. I only bought them for my XD, almost for my Judge, but not for this one. They are too pricey, and they are almost the full price of the pistol itself. So, that's a no go. But, all in all, I do stand behind thier work.

I really wish they were open just one hour later because I can't make it there before close. I've gone into the store three times in my life. Friend of mine buys all his guns through them, the few times I've been in there I almost bought one but usually I don't buy guns on the first visit.

Nice buy! I've wanted one a long time, ended up settling for a Keltec.

Nah, a buddy of mine has the Kel-Tec .32, I have taken it to the range several times, and its good, but it did jam several times, no round failures/misfires either. He is very very anal about cleaning his weapons, so I know it had nothing to do with it being dirty. But, that's another situation.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i love mine. i mean you can carry it wearing anything basketball shorts to jogging pants with no belt. and surprisingly its pretty accurate out to 15 yards. i don't have the ct but they would be a very nice addition. to bad i need things like us optics for my new 308. congrats on a great little pistol

Top Bottom