long lines:

dsc05405r.jpg

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I think CVA in general is a good way to go to get into a Muzzy.

I have a CVA Magnum, Think its a buckhorn. It came with a bushnell Scope.

Nothing fancy, paid less than 200 a few years back for the package and it got me hooked. I just havn't used it enough to justify upgrading, but I love the thing.

My dad recently bought a TC Encore pro hunter...now thats a nice ML but it set him back about $800.

For a few hundred bucks for a decent in-line, I don't think you can go wrong.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    what do you think about the CVA Wolf muzzle loader for $157? thinking about extending hunting season a little :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Lots of CVA Wolf vids on youtube.

Optima is the next most popular. Accura is like a "match" version of the Optima Pro, as it has a better trigger.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Looked at the Nikon Omega BDC, Luepold UlitimateSlam and Nikon ProStaff BDC.

The Nikon ProStaff BDC 3-9x40 was everything I needed.

Not bad for $400

dsc05411m.jpg

dsc05413v.jpg

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    $127 :D

Rings are CVA recommended: Durasight $25 from Greenwood Gander

the rings look nice although i try and stay with steel as a rule of thumb. esp, on bases, but those should work fine, just be careful not to strip the screws, and use locktite where they attach to the barrel.

127? WOW, just WOW.... that beat my price by a mile... glad you got a good deal on it, the rifle looks great, i will be waiting for a range report. and hopefully a picture of a freshly dead deer.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    127? WOW, just WOW.... that beat my price by a mile... glad you got a good deal on it, the rifle looks great

Yeah, but that's just because of my wife's discount, your price was still the best around. I spent a lot of time looking through the ProStaff, Omega and UltimateSlam... and the ProStaff is perfect for a budget rifle.

I will be waiting for a range report. and hopefully a picture of a freshly dead deer.

I'll be dialing her in on Saturday at Atterbury after my son's b-ball game. We'll see what I kind of groups I can get at 100 yards.

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah, but that's just because of my wife's discount, your price was still the best around. I spent a lot of time looking through the ProStaff, Omega and UltimateSlam... and the ProStaff is perfect for a budget rifle.

I'll be dialing her in on Saturday at Atterbury after my son's b-ball game. We'll see what I kind of groups I can get at 100 yards.

What was your thoughts on the UltimateSlam? I want one but just cant find one to fondle first.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i want the ultimate slam, it looks like it a badass scope i really want 2 of them 1 for my 870 and 1 for my TC

Top Bottom