• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Got this from Bradis, along with another mag. Ruger gave me a free pouch and an extended mag floorplate with the gun, but the extension wasn't much. With my hand, I get one and half fingers on the grip. Two full fingers with the extended plate. Pearce grip is longer, might be able to get three fingers on...:rockwoot:
    Can't wait to shoot the thing...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you dont mind my asking, what did you pay for everything? I've been thinking of picking one of these up once my LTCH comes in.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I love my LCP. It has eaten everything I've tried to feed it. Sometimes with the wwb ammo, I have to tap the back of the slide when chambering the first round to get the slide in full battery. im sure it has to do with the flat nosed bullet design. I can saw that I have about 350 flawless rounds through the LCP without one problem. As far as the grip goes, try out a rubber slip on grip. I put one on mine and it made a huge difference.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks hemicharger. I hope I end up like this gun, after shooting it. My only prior experience of a small gun with lots of recoil, was a Kel-Tec P11. I absolutely hated shooting that thing. The trigger was 10 times heavier than my Ruger P89 (felt that way), my pinky kept slipping off the grip (I was new to shooting, and managing two fingers on the grip was a mounting task for me back then), the bullets was everywhere except on target. I sold it after one mag. Going back to shoot full-size P89 was like heaven. I can manage recoil, as long as the gun is a good size. I love shooting my 4" 44mag Redhawk. P11 and Glock 26 looks like similar size, but G26 somehow felt much better...

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think it was grease, but it didn't appear in that color when I held the barrel under the light. The flash somehow make things change color, like the little dot on the left side of the frame. It was red to my eyes, but in the pics it looked like orange or yellow...

The thing is encased in grease. I wiped it a little just so it wouldn't stain everything next to it. I plan to shoot it this weekend with all the internal grease still left in there. My old Ruger P89 could do that. Shooting with full factory grease, then smoking, and still no hiccup...

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Picked up one about a month ago and it too has eaten any ammo I've fed it. It's in my pocket right now in a DeSantis Nemesis holster. Love it although I've found ammo a little hard to find...

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I have really enjoyed mine, shoots everything I feed it!
    I dress so casual that it works for me in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster.
    Always with me like my wallet and phone.

I know it's a direct copy of the Kel Tec, and I'm not bashing them but it has more of a finished look and feel. I did own the P32 and P3AT and they were good shooters, I just like the LCP more!

Congrats on your purchase!
    +1 for a great buy! :D

Check out the Crimson Trace laser for it, heard good things about it!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Welcome to the LCP club.

Mine is my 100% full-time companion... Even when I carry a larger caliber.

deadmanslcpec1.jpg

You may want to look into Pearce extensions on you mags. I feel that they offer more grip area.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    So can you get three fingers on the grip? Is it worth the extra risk of printing?...

I drop the bare gun in my jean's front pocket, and it prints when I sit down. I imagine with a pocket holster it'll print like a thick wallet. But I already have my wallet bulging in my back pocket. Don't know if people look at the front and back, and will get some idea 'cause hardly anyone carries two wallets...

That's why I'm thinking of carrying it in my cargo pocket. I'm looking at the new DeSantis Nemesis Cargo Holster. It's not available from big places like MidwayUSA, yet. I tested by putting the gun and the mag in the free Ruger pouch, and it fits in my cargo pocket. But, since the pocket is low on the leg where the pants' leg is loose, the weight of the "gun+mag+pouch" drags the pocket down (yeah, even a gun as light as the LCP) that shows I'm carrying something weighty. I'm still looking...

Welcome to the LCP club.

Mine is my 100% full-time companion... Even when I carry a larger caliber.

deadmanslcpec1.jpg

You may want to look into Pearce extensions on you mags. I feel that they offer more grip area.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Mine rides in my front Levis pocket all of the time. I've got to check out the Pearce extensions - I think it would make the shooting more comfortable - at least for me.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I'm wanting to get one badly.I know they are small and can be difficult for some to shoot,but for me it would make the perfect back up.Congrats on your purchase.Hope it serves ya well

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    I drop the bare gun in my jean's front pocket, and it prints when I sit down. I imagine with a pocket holster it'll print like a thick wallet. But I already have my wallet bulging in my back pocket. Don't know if people look at the front and back, and will get some idea 'cause hardly anyone carries two wallets...
    I use a wallet holster with mine in the back pocket but I have my credit cards and phone offsetting my front pockets. I never thought anyone would question how many wallets I had but perhaps how many phones I had lol. Anyway, that wallet holster works well but if you carry a wallet in your back pocket I would suggest for the health of your hips to go with a lighter front pocket holster.

Quick question on your LCP, do you know if this is post recall or a recall piece that has been fixed?

Top Bottom