• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlynch25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    South East Indy
    I finally decided on purchasing a Kel-Tec PF9 due to it's slim design and small size. These are rather difficult to find right now as I found out when looking to purchase one. Yesterday Beech grove Firearms took delivery and I quickly scooped it up. It is a stainless slide with black frame. This is a combination that I had not seen but matches the finish of my Ruger SR9 so I was very happy.

First impressions: It's a very nice size, easy to conceal with a IWB holster and has a very comfortable feel to it. Finish is a little rough with a few tooling marks visible but look to be easy to clean up. These are mostly on the polymer frame. I will plan on a "Fluff and Buff" and then head to the range. I'll update this post with the results from the range.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

http://www.winkflash.com/photo/photozoom.aspx?m=356263976&ic=7654986&p=1
    photozoom.aspx

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Let us know how it goes. I bought one back around election time. I took some 400-grit sandpaper to the frame and edges of the trigger guard, now it's real comfortable. I also polished the feedramp for the heck of it and it does well. I find it hard to be accurate though- it's so small that it's never gonna be a real plinker... though I always shoot 200 or so rounds thru it when I hit the range...

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I found my pf9 to by very accurate. When I purchased it from an INGO member I wasnt expecting a real accurate gun. But it shocked the hell out of me. I was hitting a bowling pin at 25 yards. Right now im missing the pf9, I had to send it to Kel Tec and get a new firing pin and spring. I was shooting at the range and when a shell extracted so did the firing pin and spring.

rlynch25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    South East Indy
    I found my pf9 to by very accurate. When I purchased it from an INGO member I wasnt expecting a real accurate gun. But it shocked the hell out of me. I was hitting a bowling pin at 25 yards. Right now im missing the pf9, I had to send it to Kel Tec and get a new firing pin and spring. I was shooting at the range and when a shell extracted so did the firing pin and spring.

That's not good to hear. Hopefully the quality is good over the life of the gun. I've read many forums and it sounds like the quality has improved quite a bit from the first 100 PF9's they produced.

rlynch25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    South East Indy
    Originally I was looking for the black/blued slide. Bradis had a grey frame w/ blued slide. I know it's a personal choice but I just couldn't buy the grey frame. For me pistols are supposed to have a black/blued frame. I am very happy I waited and found this one.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Is that Stainless!? I was told by Kel-tec a couple of weeks ago that they didn't make those slides in stainless but they do nickle hard chrome them?

I finally decided on purchasing a Kel-Tec PF9 due to it's slim design and small size. These are rather difficult to find right now as I found out when looking to purchase one. Yesterday Beech grove Firearms took delivery and I quickly scooped it up. It is a stainless slide with black frame. This is a combination that I had not seen but matches the finish of my Ruger SR9 so I was very happy.

First impressions: It's a very nice size, easy to conceal with a IWB holster and has a very comfortable feel to it. Finish is a little rough with a few tooling marks visible but look to be easy to clean up. These are mostly on the polymer frame. I will plan on a "Fluff and Buff" and then head to the range. I'll update this post with the results from the range.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

photozoom.aspx

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    i had the p11 for awhile and after i broke it in with about 500rnds it started working well. it was never accurate though. i have been looking at the pf9 at shows because its even smaller than the p11. i might take the plunge.

rlynch25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    South East Indy
    Bradis had a grey frame blue slide for $259. I got the Nickel Chromed slide version at Beech Grove Firearms for $279. That was the only one they had come in. Check with them about when more will arrive. They are great to buy from.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Bradis had a grey frame blue slide for $259. I got the Nickel Chromed slide version at Beech Grove Firearms for $279. That was the only one they had come in. Check with them about when more will arrive. They are great to buy from.

That's a really good price! Where is Bradis? If I hadn't bought the p-40 to go with my PF-9, I might have had 2 this weekend :)

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    I just took my PF9 to the range with me two days ago and it shot like a dream. The more I shoot it the more comfortable I am with the lightweight and how it bounces around (I have to remember to maintain a good strong grip). The finger extension on the magazine works wonders, if it wasn't for that this thing would probably bounce right out of my hand between shots.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    how long did you have to wait to purchase it??? I mean how long did you shop??? some were at a gun show for like 350...where do these guys get there prices???

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    They get there prices by the simple question.. "How bad do you want it?" You could go head and pay 50-100 dollars more and take it home on spot or just play the waiting game and get it for a better price.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Congrats! Looks like a nice gun. I don;t own , but shot both a pf9 and a p11. Both felt great to shoot AND both triggers fely pretty good despite some of the issues others post out. One guy's pf9 was waaaaaay worn on the slide and he said he's carried it for years w/o a FTF. That what you want to hear. Congrats and enjoy . Oh and BTW that is hard chromed as others have noted.

Looks good!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I was really looking at one of these until I picked up my taurus 709. I just couldn't seem to find the keltec anywhere around here. And managed to find the 709 for the right price at the 1500.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I was really looking at one of these until I picked up my taurus 709. I just couldn't seem to find the keltec anywhere around here. And managed to find the 709 for the right price at the 1500.

Funny you should say that. My friend had a 709 with us whebn we shot the guy's pf9. He kept remarking on the trigger pull on how nice it was and said he carry one in a heartbeat.
    I'd like o get get a Taurus slim AND a P11. Can;t afford both.But hey I can dream right?????

Top Bottom