• ...and so much more!
  • wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    Math time:

My carry gun + new CT laser grips + new flashlight mount = my new home defense gun :D

CZ 75 P-01 w/ CT and 4sevens Quark AA Tactical light in a GG&G mount
    IMG_1041.jpg

POV
    IMG_1042.jpg

Business End
    IMG_1046.jpg

I also had a chase to do a quick test to make sure the mount held the light during firing and that the light would withstand the impact of firing. My initial results were good and I posted a sample here: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AndyhzDY60g"]YouTube - CZ 75 P-01 with Light[/ame]. I plan to test then more extensively next time I hit up the range.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Nice rig, gratz on getting a solid HD weapon setup.

My only question is why use a flashlight holder over a rail mount light? Ease of ensuring it will fit another firearm?

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    My only question is why use a flashlight holder over a rail mount light? Ease of ensuring it will fit another firearm?

The main reason is I'm kinda cheap :D. I already was using the light as an EDC light, so I just looked for a way to make it double as a weapon light. A couple of dollars for the ring mount was A LOT cheaper that a new weapons light. Eventually I will get an actual weapon light but until than this works just fine.

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can you move the light mount further back towards the trigger guard? Reason being, the light sticking that far out would make a great lever for a disarm.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    Can you move the light mount further back towards the trigger guard? Reason being, the light sticking that far out would make a great lever for a disarm.

Sadly I can not move the light back any farther. I never thought of the disarming lever scenario, but I plan on following the six foot rule* with anyone I draw my gun on.

* The six foot rule is a self-defense strategy used with a firearm where one does not let an assailant get within six feet of one's drawn firearm. This way it cannot be taken.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Nice looking rig. I wouldn't mind a p06 in a similar setup for the same purpose. I have yet to hold a cz but I hear the grip is among the most natural and comfortable out there.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    Nice looking rig. I wouldn't mind a p06 in a similar setup for the same purpose. I have yet to hold a cz but I hear the grip is among the most natural and comfortable out there.

It is BY FAR the most comfortable gun I have ever shot. This includes Glocks, Sigs, Berettas, Walthers, and a few other. It was one of the main reason I got the gun.

The crimson trace actually take a little comfort away from the factory stock rubber grips but it is still more comfortable than all my other guns.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    nice..how old is the weapon? have you had any issues with the system at all?

The P-01 was designed in 1999 and first produced in 2002. My P-01 was made in 2008 and I bought it new in 2009. I've kept a range log of all rounds fired through my P-01. it has had 540 rounds of many different types of ammunition fired through it and it has had exactly zero malfunctions of any kind.

The only problem I've had is not making it to the range as much as I'd like with it :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom