• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many userids are on your IGNORE list?

• Total voters

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have a few on mine. I would prefer if the ignore function actually made any evidence of the person's post completely invisible to me. Having a thread riddled with "this post has been hidden" messages can be distracting, and I'm often tempted to click "view post" only to be immediately reminded why I put the person on ignore in the first place.
    I click that stupid "View post" option waaaay too often. Curiosity gets the better of me. And I pay the price. I only have 12 users on ignore. Only about 3 of them post enough lately to be counted though. I should probably check to see if some of them have moved on. Though I did see one of them back after an extended hiatus. Made my day.

I don't (and never will ) use the ignore feature here on INGO. If you can't handle the smart ass's, & punk kids that think they know it all, INGO is probably not the place for you. I just skip over them and ignore the current post, not the person's future posts. And even though I have received neg rep before I have never given any neg rep back. It just go's to show you the mental capacity of a small number of people in this groupe.
    See, this is the kind of thing for which I would add someone to the ignore list. My tolerance for the "If you don't do it my way" BS is decreasing exponentially.

There's no moral superiority in not using the ignore feature. I'm not sure why some people seem to delight in not using it. Was there some prize for subjecting oneself to insane levels of idiocy and stupidity on a regular basis? In fact, I'm having a hard time understanding the difference between ignoring a post by not reading it and ignoring a post by having the BB system delete it for you.

In my case, I don't usually pay attention to post authors. I just read through the responses. This makes it difficult to ignore the posters with posting styles that harsh my mellow. The first additions to my list were asshats who violated forum rules via the rep system. I've got no use for cowards who can't issue an insult in public and take the consequences. Plus, I see no reason why I should have to accept such behavior.

The other ones are just whiney crybabies or people who made personal attacks (against me or others) without provocation. Something like this: Joe is contributing to a thread. Jim doesn't like Joe. So without making one relevant comment to to the topic being discussed, Jim quotes one of Joe's posts and starts insulting him. Ignore list.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I use it for basically 1 of 2 reasons and neither are really insults or disagreements.

1. The member deliberately posts in indecipherable slang resembling hieroglyphs.
    2. They turn every topic to their own agenda no matter how far the stretch. i.e. "cop hate" or making every thread about crime racial.

I dun OC'd n dis here dang copper wuz all up'n muh grillz about rayshul profilin crinimals as'n I dun OC'd by some meh-nore-uh-ty feller who wuz all a-hordin all that thar .22 ammunizings at $164 uh brick. No wut I sayed? I sede, Officer, I believe this gentleman is engaged in price fixing as an ongoing commercial enterprise, which could likely qualify for federal prosecution under the RICO act. Dat deres wut I sede awlrite.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I dun OC'd n dis here dang copper wuz all up'n muh grillz about rayshul profilin crinimals as'n I dun OC'd by some meh-nore-uh-ty feller who wuz all a-hordin all that thar .22 ammunizings at $164 uh brick. No wut I sayed? I sede, Officer, I believe this gentleman is engaged in price fixing as an ongoing commercial enterprise, which could likely qualify for federal prosecution under the RICO act. Dat deres wut I sede awlrite.

697eU.gif

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You're just envious because I said it first!

That would be fun to know. I'd actually like it if some people had me on their IGNORE list.

​rhino out!

I've been very tempted to add you to my ignore list (you'd be the only one). It isn't because you're a poopy head. It is because I'm jealous of these skills...

FYdiS5k.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ah! I see you've attended a performance of my one-rhino ballet: Pachyderm En Pointe!

Here's a photo of me backstage getting ready for a show:

tumblr_muh084LYsr1r24mnlo1_500.png

rhino out!

I've been very tempted to add you to my ignore list (you'd be the only one). It isn't because you're a poopy head. It is because I'm jealous of these skills...

FYdiS5k.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ATTENTION:

As of 0009 on 09 MAR 2014, the IGNORE list has increased to 94 userids.

That is all!

rhino out!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd love a copy and paste PM to compare notes. :)

Btw, I borrowed your "Seacresting" in one post where I felt it fit.

PM inbound (I'm too lazy to post the image on a site where I can link it into a PM, so I just named names).

You honor me, sir!

rhino out!

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I don't have anybody

Although I've thinking of putting that HarleyRider guy on there because his posts make my head hurt.

That makes two of us... I wonder how he talks? :dunno:

I'd ask the OP if I'm on his list, but he'd probably not see my question. :laugh:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can understand why most people don't need the ignore function. They only read the original posts anyway. Read any thread on INGO and you will see it. Better yet, ask a simple question, not an opinion, and see how many of the same answers you get. They run into pages in length.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There are 9 on my list.

7 of them are either banned or haven't logged on using that particular screen name in several months.

The other two are semi-active still.

Generally, the only folks I put on the ignore list are ones who like to vomit bigoted and/or racist stuff.

-J-

Top Bottom