My house was shot while I was standing behind where it hit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]My adrenaline is still going, but I need to get some of this out, as everyone around me is downplaying it as much as possible.

I just moved back from Purdue, and have been at my step dad's since saturday. I was trying to sleep ( in the family room with large windows facing the road ) because I don't have a room here. I heard a gunshot in the distance, and pulled up wordpad and typed "1 Gunshot 1:53AM" when another happened right after it. I though to myself, it is WAY too late to be target practice or hunting in the distance, so I got up for whatever reason, I'm pretty sure it was to grab my Sig, but I honestly don't remember now. I walked towards the kitchen when BAM, the window I was standing infront of was hit. I dropped to the ground so fast my mom immediately woke up yelling my name thinking I had been hit. She came around the corner and I had her stay down and back.

I grabbed the AR and loaded it and stood near the corner of the window, and lifted the shade to look outside and inspect the window. Sure enough, shotgun blast to the window. I threw the SIG on and had my mother call the police. They took about 15 minutes to get here, and then looked around, said they really couldn't do much and it wasn't a big deal since it didn't penetrate. They gave me a case number and left.

It's one thing to shoot into a dark house where it is likely everyone is asleep, but it's damn sure another thing to shoot at a silhouette in a lit room.

I won't be sleeping tonight. I hate feeling this helpless. Those bastards are going to get away with this.
    [/FONT]

boilergonzo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Scary. Sorry to hear it.

Do you mind if I ask where you live in general terms (what city, which side)?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    agreed, glad all are safe and 15 minutes does sound a bit long. Also glad I don't live near you.

15 minute response time? Hell I'd be happy with that. The two times we needed a sheriff it took them 45+ minutes to get to us.

What surprises me is the reaction that it is no big deal. How is a shotgun blast to the window no big deal? :wtf:

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    proof.jpg

proof2.jpg

proof3.jpg

proof4.jpg

I took a few pics just a little bit ago. I ran errands all morning, and just got back... The cops found the 17 year olds that did it. I will update the thread, but it looks like they'll probably be going free, and only if they skip their court date will a warrant be issued...

Amazing that they don't receive harsher punishment.

I am currently in North Liberty, IN

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for sharing your story and the pictures.

Seeing those pictures brought a spooky "reality" to the whole thing.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    ...Amazing that they don't receive harsher punishment. ...

(Old fart rant alert)
    Hell with court punishment. If I had been caught pulling a stunt like that when I was 17, my old man would have beat me within an inch of my life. And been right for doing it.
    Unfortunately, parents today are too busy babying their delinquents to actually punish them.
    (End old fart rant alert)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    (Old fart rant alert)
    Hell with court punishment. If I had been caught pulling a stunt like that when I was 17, my old man would have beat me within an inch of my life. And been right for doing it.
    Unfortunately, parents today are too busy babying their delinquents to actually punish them.

:+1:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    So 17 year olds are shooting out windows these day with shotguns? What ever happened to knocking out street lights with bb guns.

What is going on here? They were just out one night with a shotgun.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wonder if they could get assault with a deadly weapon since you were standing in the window at the time.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    (Old fart rant alert)

Yeah, but you can't even spank a child now... you know, it's abuse *rolls his eyes* I was spanked once, one slap... I never misbehaved again.

Top Bottom