• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    A year later: I've gone through several 1911 variations and now I'm back with a, you guessed it, Glock 19....... This time it was more financially motivated. Buying a house and possibly a vehicle. It isn't an appropriate time to have a thousand dollar 1911.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    A year later: I've gone through several 1911 variations and now I'm back with a, you guessed it, Glock 19....... This time it was more financially motivated. Buying a house and possibly a vehicle. It isn't an appropriate time to have a $1,000 1911.

Glock 19 is hard to beat as sort of a catch all one gun does all.

my commander sized 1911 and Jframe still carry the brunt of my work. But my old Glock 23 is still around.

daustin923

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    United States
    Started out with a Glock 22, and then moved to a Glock 21SF. From there went to a Sig P226 .40, then a Kimber TLE RL II. After the Kimber I bought a Springfield TRP and sent it to SACS for a bunch of upgrades. Now I mostly carry a Lipsey's LAV Glock 17 and occasionally my TRP. Love the 1911, but its hard to beat the practicality of the LAV Glock 17. Currently in the market for a 19 that I can upgrade as a primary carry gun.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    In the late 80s I worked overseas for a company that gave ( that I ended up buying ) me a couple of Tyson's Corner Sig 226's.. Over the years one of them has always been my personal carry. Quite a few years ago I gave one to my Father ( who has since given it to my brother ) and a few weeks ago I gave the third one to my son on his 16th birthday. That pistol weeped alittle when it found out it was going back to Maryland. So in essence I have been carrying the same pistol a little more than 30 years. It's kinna ugly, its been back to Sig twice for all new springs and checkups... And it's as reliable now as it ever was.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    There are a lot of threads where you can tell the age of the person by what they shoot and say. This is certainly one.

I spent my youngster years as a Texas Cowboy, shooting SAA (32-20). Also a winchester in 32-20. Lots of reloading going on all the time.

Military school taught me to love/hate the M1 Garand. The CMP revived the love part many years later.

I spent the late 60's in California, USC, and lost the love for many years. It happens. Hippy girls showed me other things to love.

Montana brought the country life back into full focus. Defense became a real need and not just a fear. I've had a Grizzly 2 feet from my head and he was very very angry. That catches your attention. Being all about free love and peace suddenly took a back seat. I just couldn't get the bear to wear the beads or the pachuli oil.

Then it was time to make a living and so we left Montana for Arizona. The free state of Arizona. Now, I can't miss a Gun show without shaking all day.

So my journey took a full circle and I was back to loving shooting. Another adventure was to begin with many changes along the way.

22's:
    My first real addiction. My son helped me pick out a ss Ruger Mark II Government Target model with flat sided bull barrel and a red-dot. It is beautiful, accurate, and tough.

Then the Colt Woodsman had me in its grip and I had Pre-woodsman, 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, and then 3rd Gen. Next was Huntsman, Targetsman, and Match Target. The history with each of these is just dripping. The evolution of a Great gun was easily seen.

About the same time, I discovered a Hi Standard model B with a target grip at a gun show that whispered into my ear "take me home". I was big time hooked now. I also heard that same whisper from a High Standard Supermatic Trophy with barrel weights. But it wasn't until I got my first model E that I discovered my true love. The fit and finish can only be equaled, never beaten. The GE is also an outstanding example.

First semi-auto was a Colt 1911 model 70 Gold Cup National Match and a Browning High Power.
    Have you noticed a trend? Those are all semi-autos.

Revolvers and the 357 magnum:
    Then a mint Smith and Wesson model 19 6" was discovered in a pawn shop in Lake Havasu and it was $300. Wasn't on my list. Didn't need it. Couldn't live without it. The bluing was so awesome and the feel in my hand was the best ever. Now comes the story of my 357 revolver addiction.

The 357 didn't come right away as I discovered (2) S&W.22 caliber pistols a model 17 and a model 18 that had that same k frame feel, but in my fav, the .22. They really do shine in every category.

But the 357 and the 38 spl had me by the cajones. The incredible variety of ammo was good for a lifetime of shooting and playing. The Colt Python, Diamondback, Cobra, Trooper, and the early 3 5 7 are some of the finest pistolas anyone will ever produce off a production line. Add to that the S&W trigger on all their models and you have an adventure of a lifetime.

The journey also included chasing j frames because I have small hands. That chase ended when I discovered I shot large frame revolvers better than the small ones. What a shock that was !!
    I also learned that if I practiced DA for a couple of years, the rewards were outstanding. My focus on the trigger was complete. I was a Jedi.

Prescut

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Well the short version, as many guns i have owned were sold or traded in a short time for various reasons.

I always wanted a beretta 92fs because of the movies, the military and what i still consider to be a great look. On my 21st Bday i marched in and purchased the nicest one they had at the time in my eyes with wood grips, ss guide and skeleton hammer. I carried it in various holsters depending on the season etc. For quite a while before i decided it was to big and heavy so i put it away.
    I may have tried a couple things in between, but ended up with a G23c in a trade deal. I carried it some, mostly in the uncle mikes paddle that came with it.
    I found it to be lighter and smaller making it much easier to carry which encouraged me to carry more. However there were several reasons i did not care for the glock, number one being they dont aim well for me. I feel like i am pointing at the ground and in a rush may be shooting rounds into the sky instead of on target. I also dont care for the safety options and find them butt ugly.
    i picked up an lcp figuring i would carry it everywhere because of its size and carry it i did. Until the finish on the slide was just a memory. I wasn't a huge fan of it though for various reasons, and never meant for it to be my main carry.
    After a short time with a p226 that i liked but was again big and heavy to a small framed guy, i decided to pickup up a kahr CW9 that i found to be a very nice carry choice for me. I felt safe enough with the hard trigger, it was hard but smooth and was small and light. Then my sister decided to go to an out of state college and i gave it to her.
    I had picked up and MK9 to replace the lcp, which i traded for a P220 and traded that for a P239. The p239 was nice, but again to heavy. Tried a usp9c for a bit, I liked it because it was v1 which is similar to the beretta.
    I will be having my first kid here soon though and my fiance said that she wanted them narrowed down. I had wanted a kimber ultra raptor II for several years after some one allowed me to shoot one during a range trip. I decided to sell off most of what i had left and finally cough up the cash for my ultra raptor II (black of course) with the strict rule to myself to carry it and treat it as any other.
    I am very happy with it and although i was worried, i dont have any big regrets. Other than still being a bit "motherly " to it still, i think it will be my favorite carry ever. And has been 100% at the range so far.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glock 19 is hard to beat as sort of a catch all one gun does all.

my commander sized 1911 and Jframe still carry the brunt of my work. But my old Glock 23 is still around.

As my journey continues, I've come to accept the split personality that let's me love and carry 1911s most of the time, but also really love the simple practicality of the Glock 23/27 combination. One of my most carried guns is a Kimber Compact Stainless that's getting shabby looking as it ages and one day will be treated to some cosmetic attention. But, over the course of a year, I carry the 1911s about 60% of the time and the Glocks about 40%. My CZs get carried once in a while, but are mostly range toys. Try as I might, I just don't like carrying 9mm much, so the CZs get shot for fun.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    My first love was a g23. Wife wanted something so a cw9 joined the family. I like the cw9 due to its narrower single stack frame, but the g23 is still hard to beat. When it's in my hand, it just feels right. I'm thinking a g27 might be next.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My first love was a g23. Wife wanted something so a cw9 joined the family. I like the cw9 due to its narrower single stack frame, but the g23 is still hard to beat. When it's in my hand, it just feels right. I'm thinking a g27 might be next.

I like my G23. Never warmed up to the G27. But I do like my G26. I think the .40 cartridge in a baby Glock is a little too much for my girlie hands.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    When I was young and dumb and full of, er, ambition I bought two chrome Raven .25 autos for $90.00. Shot one and it fell apart in my hand on the first shot. I turned around and sold the other one for $90.00.

Second was a jewel, a flat sided long barreled High Standard .22. Boy did I love that gun.

Things have come full circle recently when Mom gave me Dad's '68 Belgian "T" model Hi Power.

A mixture of magnum wheel guns of course.

Presently? EDC's consisting of G-27, Beretta Storm Sub Compact. A G-17 with 12 extended mags for TEOTWAWKI.

A serious long term Browning BuckMark Hunter addiction last but not least.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I guess you can't edit your post after so long so I'll have to update it down here.

Gen 3 Glock 19
    SCCY CPX-2
    Springfield 1911 Loaded Parkerized
    Gen 3 Glock 26
    Gen 4 Glock 19 FDE
    Springfield 1911 Champion Operator
    Smith & Wesson 1911 E-Series Bobtail
    Dan Wesson 1911 V-Bob Stainless
    Gen 3 Glock 19

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have had a lot of different handguns over the years. Started on a Astra Constable II .380 and have had a total of 57 different pistols and revolvers, IIRC. I have had multiple examples of just about every major manufacturer out there. Most were good guns, a couple turds, but without exception there was something about each one I liked. I have settled on Glocks. I have shot Glocks since 1992, so they are probably what I have the most experience with.

Last edited:

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    My first gun was my grandpa's Remington 512 which I still have and shoot occasionally. My first handgun was a ruger p85 then came a colt stainless officer and a fire star in 45. Many have come and gone through the years but I'll never part ways with my dad's old Savage 22 or the Remington.

Top Bottom